Road accident sparks violence in Uttar Pradesh townSeptember 27th, 2010 - 4:12 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 27 (IANS) An angry mob damaged several vehicles, destroyed public property and fought pitched battles with the police in Uttar Pradesh’s Bijnor district Monday after a speeding bus mowed down two people, officials said.
Demanding immediate arrest of the bus driver, angry locals in the Keerutpur town, where the accident took place, resorted to heavy brick-batting and even tried to torch police jeeps and other vehicles.
Madulla (42) and his son Kamil (21) were knocked down by a speeding private bus in the town, around 300 km from here.
“The situation is tense, but under control. A large number of people gathered at the accident site and began a series of violent protests, demanding arrest of the driver at the earliest,” police inspector Shoaib Khan told reporters in Bijnor.
- Road accident sparks violence (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- Mob clashes with police over teen's death - Nov 12, 2011
- Locals clash with police over youth's death - Nov 15, 2011
- Azamgarh tense after student's death in accident - Nov 04, 2011
- Violence after bus mows down 8-year-old - Jan 24, 2011
- Truck mows four kids, one killed in police firing - Sep 14, 2011
- Students go on rampage following classmate's death - Sep 06, 2010
- Death of school boy sparks violence, 10 injured - Oct 14, 2010
- Locals clash with police after minor's killing - Jul 29, 2011
- 10 policemen injured in Uttar Pradesh mob attack - Sep 14, 2010
- Clash in Uttar Pradesh city after woman's death - Mar 26, 2011
- Police post torched during protest - Nov 02, 2011
- Boy's death sparks violence - Jun 09, 2011
- Schoolboy's death sparks violence in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 29, 2010
- Violence in Uttar Pradesh town after schoolboy's death - Aug 10, 2010