RML nursing students on strike after spat with principalNovember 12th, 2011 - 11:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 12 (IANS) Nearly 200 students from the Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital’s nursing college were on strike Saturday after a spat between the college’s students and principal.
“After a third year nursing student returned from a week long leave Friday, she went back to a teacher to get the rejoining form signed. The teacher apparently scolded the girl over her uniform following which she was taken to the principal and coordinator,” said a nursing student.
“There was a strong argument between the principal and student. The girl was scolded by the principal and she alleged that her kurta was also torn in the spat. She felt insulted and cried after which nearly 200 students have gone on strike,” added the student member.
The incident was reported to the hospital’s medical superintendent (MS) T.S. Siddhu, who has constitute a two-member team to investigate into the matter and submit a report Tuesday.
“We have set up a committee to investigate into the matter of harassment alleged by the student. Head of department and a senior surgeon are a part of the team and they will submit the report Tuesday,” he said.
“If the teacher and principal are at fault, they will be punished,” Sidhu added.
- Bhopal college bans female teachers from wearing western outfits - Dec 10, 2010
- Student sets herself afire after teacher's beating - Oct 14, 2011
- Delhi High Court asks DU college teachers to end strike - Mar 16, 2011
- Teaching a lesson to the Badal government (Punjab Newsletter) - Dec 09, 2011
- Minor girl dies of burns, kin allege rape, murder - Jun 25, 2011
- Blast victims' kin protest at hospital - Sep 08, 2011
- Less than 40 teachers in Bihar's six engineering colleges - Nov 08, 2011
- Five Rajasthan doctors booked for corruption - May 30, 2012
- Nursery kid thrashed by principal, sustains fracture - Mar 25, 2011
- Azad announces re-development plan for RML Hospital - Mar 05, 2012
- College principals are political recruits: Mamata - Jan 17, 2012
- Girl pursuing Ph.D. accuses teacher of demanding favours - May 27, 2011
- Bareilly College women teachers protest dress code - Oct 13, 2010
- Bengal schoolboy brings pistol to shoot principal - Apr 17, 2012
- Sharad Pawar faints in parliament - Mar 13, 2012