RJD seeks CBI probe in Bihar land scamJuly 23rd, 2011 - 5:04 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 23 (IANS) The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) took out a march here Saturday demanding a CBI probe into the allotment of land to family members of ruling alliance leaders.
Slogan-shouting RJD leaders and workers marched to the Raj Bhavan from Gandhi Maidan with banners, posters and the party’s green flags.
They shouted anti-government slogans and demanded Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s resignation.
Abdul Bari Siddiqui, leader of opposition in the state assembly, told IANS the RJD wanted a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe.
The party submitted a memorandum to Governor Debanand Konwar. “If there was nothing wrong in the allotment of land, why is Nitish Kumar reluctant to hand over the probe to CBI?” Siddiqui asked.
He alleged that the government had allotted factory plots of the Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority (BIADA) to the kin of Janata Dal-United (JD-U) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders at throwaway prices.
He said the beneficiaries included ministers and legislators, and they all got the plots in violation of rules. “It was an illegal act.”
Nitish Kumar has ordered a probe by the chief secretary. He has promised action against the guilty.
- Opposition demands CBI probe in Bihar land deals - Jul 20, 2011
- Land scam rocks Bihar assembly again - Jul 21, 2011
- Under attack, Nitish to probe Bihar land bonanza (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Under attack, Nitish to probe Bihar land bonanza (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Bihar government probe rules out scam in land allotment - Jul 25, 2011
- Nitish orders probe into Bihar land scam - Jul 19, 2011
- No need of CBI probe in land allotment: Nitish Kumar - Aug 01, 2011
- Land scam: Court seeks Bihar government's response - Oct 18, 2011
- Hazare invited to Bihar to study 'land scam' - Jul 23, 2011
- Strike hits normal life in parts of Bihar - May 22, 2012
- Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar chief minister - Nov 26, 2010
- Bihar opposition protests lack of salaries to teachers - Mar 25, 2011
- Opposition wants CBI probe into money seizure - Mar 22, 2012
- 67 legislators suspended in Bihar (Second Lead) - Jul 21, 2010
- 16 legislators suspended from Bihar assembly (Lead) - Jul 21, 2010
Tags: alliance leaders, allotment, bari, beneficiaries, bharatiya janata party, biada, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, chief secretary, gandhi, illegal act, land scam, leader of opposition, maidan, raj bhavan, siddiqui, slogans, state assembly, throwaway prices