RJD MP attacked in BiharJuly 10th, 2011 - 12:48 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 10 (IANS) A Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) MP was fired at by unidentified assailants in Bihar’s Munger district, police Sunday said.
Raneeti Prasad alleged that he was fired at by unidentified men while he was on his way home in his car late Saturday night. He claims it was an attempt to rob him.
Prasad alleged a local police station first refused to lodge his complaint. “It stunned me when a police officer said that I was making false claims,” Prasad told IANS.
He also claimed that he tried getting in touch with Munger Superintendent of Police P. Kanan but “despite my repeated attempt, he did not receive my calls. It shows the level of police alertness”.
However, after much hue and cry, the complaint was lodged and Prasad’s bodyguard was suspended.
- FIR against Lalu for violating code of conduct - Nov 01, 2010
- Ex-RJD MP's relative among two killed in Patna - Jul 10, 2012
- Political war gets personal in poll-bound Bihar - Oct 10, 2010
- Bihar MP's aide, wife shot dead - May 10, 2010
- Lalu Prasad gives compensation to victims of police firing - Sep 05, 2011
- RJD legislator surrenders in court, sent to jail (Lead) - Feb 04, 2011
- RJD legislator surrenders in Bihar court - Feb 04, 2011
- Bihar student's suicide: rights body seeks report - Sep 07, 2012
- CBI probe demanded into Bihar girl's suicide - Sep 06, 2012
- Man narrates false story to claim insurance - Sep 02, 2011
- 33 percent voting in Bihar polls, FIR against Lalu (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- Bihar policeman held for Maoist links - Oct 25, 2010
- Bihar minister gets Rs.20 lakh extortion demand - Mar 22, 2011
- Hundreds of Bihar junior doctors strike work - Jan 31, 2011
- Advani's yatra an insult to land of Jayaprakash Narayan: Lalu - Oct 11, 2011