RJD leader shot dead in BiharFebruary 23rd, 2008 - 11:58 pm ICT by admin
Patna, Feb 23 (IANS) Unidentified gunmen shot dead Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Laxmikant Yadav Saturday night in Bihar’s Bhagalpur district, police said. Yadav was the Bhagalpur district president of the state’s main opposition.
According to the Bhagalpur District Superintendent of Police’s office, unidentified criminals shot dead Yadav. “No arrest has been made in this connection,” a police source said.
RJD supporters held a protest by blocking a road and demanded immediate arrest of the killers.
Earlier this month, Reyazul Khan, husband of the Bhagalpur ward 34 councillor, was shot dead in Patna.
- Ex-RJD MP's relative among two killed in Patna - Jul 10, 2012
- Ranvir Sena chief shot dead; Bihar put on alert (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Strike hits normal life in parts of Bihar - May 22, 2012
- Hundreds of Bihar junior doctors strike work - Jan 31, 2011
- Ranvir Sena chief killed, curfew imposed on Bihar town (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Bihar ruling party legislator accused in liquor trader's killing - May 27, 2012
- Husband of newly elected Bihar village head killed - May 26, 2011
- Strike disrupts normal life in Bihar - May 10, 2012
- Bihar junior doctors on strike, legislator's guards held (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Train traffic disrupted, shops closed in Bihar (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- RJD MP attacked in Bihar - Jul 10, 2011
- Gunmen kill three in Bihar MP's house - Jul 20, 2011
- Three held for killings at MP's house in Bihar - Jul 21, 2011
- National highway blocked to protest lawyer's killing - Feb 16, 2011
- JD-U leader shot dead in Bihar - Aug 30, 2011