Riverbank to invest Rs.30 bn on Calcutta Riverside projectDecember 31st, 2008 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 31 (IANS) Riverbank Developers Ltd will invest Rs.30 billion (Rs.3,000 crore) to develop the Calcutta Riverside project at Batanagar in West Bengal, a top official said here Wednesday. Located on the eastern bank of the Hooghly river in South 24-Parganas district, the entire project on 262 acres will have a hotel, malls, residential apartments, hospital, township and an IT special economic zone (SEZ).
Riverbank is a joint venture entity between Calcutta Metropolitan Group (CMG) and footwear major Bata India.
“The project will be funded through private equity, debt and cash flow from sales,” CMG managing director Sumit Dabriwala told reporters.
“The first phase of the redevelopment should be completed by 2011,” Dabriwala said.
Riverbank has made a joint management contract with the Intercontinental Hotels Group for developing the proposed hotel and service apartments in Batanagar.
The cost of construction for the hotel and the service apartments is slated to be around Rs.1.75 billion (Rs.175 crore) Dabriwala said. “The hotel would be ready in 36 months.”
- Kolkata riverside project on schedule: Realtor - Nov 06, 2009
- Bata India to open large stores, spend Rs.200 crore - May 27, 2010
- Bata to focus on tier II, III cities, rural markets - Jun 28, 2011
- Bata set up two world-class factories in Bihar - Sep 02, 2008
- Bata to focus on women and kids segment - May 30, 2012
- Bata's Q1 net slips 67 percent - Apr 26, 2012
- Phoenix kicks off Rs.2,000 crore infrastructure projects - Jun 13, 2011
- Wipro to expand Kolkata project - Aug 27, 2012
- Bata Q2 net jumps 28 percent - Jul 26, 2012
- Tata Housing to invest Rs.1.5 bn in Chennai - Oct 26, 2010
- CESC net up 137 percent in Q4 backed by tariff hike - May 08, 2012
- Local competition forces Bata to sell Hawaii brand - Jun 19, 2008
- Tata Housing to invest Rs.1,000 crore this fiscal - Jun 11, 2010
- CCCL and Tidco to promote food processing SEZ - Jul 16, 2010
- Bhupathi goes online to sell sports merchandise - May 25, 2012