Rising crime takes toll, eight policemen suspendedMay 24th, 2009 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, May 24 (IANS) Hit by a string of robberies, Ghaziabad police have suspended eight of their personnel, including an inspector and a sub-inspector, holding them responsible for rising crime in their respective areas.
Holding Vaishali police post in-charge Sub-Inspector H.N. Singh responsible for the Rs.600,000 heist Friday at a Syndicate Bank branch in the area, Senior Superintendent of Police Akhil Kumar suspended him and three of his colleagues - constables Surendra Pal, Ansar Ali, Babu Khan and Sukhram.
Similarly, Kavi Nagar police station in-charge Inspector Gajendra Singh and three constables - Laxmi Kant Mishra, Yash Pal and Sansar Singh - were suspended after robbers looted a trader of Rs.510,000 in broad daylight Saturday.
- Mystery shrouds couple's death in police custody - Jun 08, 2012
- Court summons six cops over shootout - Aug 27, 2011
- One cop held with drugs, four suspended in Ghaziabad - Feb 02, 2011
- Cop suspended for stealing mobile phone (With Images) - Aug 19, 2012
- Curfew relaxed in violence-hit Ghaziabad area - Sep 17, 2012
- 18 Delhi Police officials named for President's medals - Jan 25, 2011
- Three policemen run over by truck in Ghaziabad - Sep 21, 2012
- Man dies in police custody in Ghaziabad, two cops suspended - Jun 13, 2012
- Two cops suspended for Noida abduction - Aug 05, 2010
- 2 cops found drunk on duty, suspended - Apr 14, 2011
- Suspended cop takes senior 'hostage' in Hyderabad - Sep 12, 2012
- Case against Ghaziabad lawyers for supporting Varun - Apr 02, 2009
- Massive security for 2013 Allahabad Kumbh Mela - Jun 19, 2012
- Two constables arrested after prisoners escape - Nov 26, 2011
- Criminals run truck over UP sub-inspector - May 17, 2012