Riot tainted Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani granted bailMay 19th, 2009 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, May 19 (IANS) A local court Tuesday granted bail to former Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani, who has been charged with abetting mobs in the Naroda Gam and Naroda Patia localities of Ahmedabad in the 2002 riots in the state.
Mitesh Amin, counsel for the former women’s welfare and higher education minister, told IANS that the Ahmedabad city sessions court has granted bail to Kodnani in the Naroda Gam case while in the Naroda Patia case, the bail hearing would continue.
Kodnani had moved her bail application in April.
Kodnani has been booked by the Supreme Court appointed Special Investigation Team for abetting violence after the post-Godhra train burning, in which 59 people were burnt alive in S-6 coach of the Sabarmati Express on Feb 27, 2002.
- BJP lawmaker, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya killings - Aug 31, 2012
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Riot tainted Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2009
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister Kodnani, 31 convicted (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- BJP legislator, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya carnage (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Bajrangi said he felt like Rana Pratap after Naroda killings - Aug 29, 2012
- Kodnani's remand extended till April 4 - Apr 01, 2009
- Naroda witnesses happy with court verdict (With Image) - Aug 29, 2012
- Maya Kodnani granted bail in 2002 riots case - May 19, 2009
- Kapil Sibal, Ahmed Patel framed me: Maya Kodnani - Apr 04, 2009
- Gujarat riot victims hail life terms for accused - Aug 31, 2012
- Riot accused gets more time to reply to lawyer's charge - Jun 26, 2010
- Kodnani conviction shows rule of law in Gujarat: BJP - Sep 01, 2012
- Former Gujarat minister to be sent to jail - Apr 09, 2009
- Chargesheet filed against ex-Gujarat minister Kodnani - May 01, 2009