Rina Dhaka returns to LFW after two yearsAugust 18th, 2011 - 1:23 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 17 (IANS) Celebrated designer Rina Dhaka, who last showcased a collection at the Lakme Fashion Week in 2009, returned to the Mumbai event after two years with her new line of Indian wear and Bollywood actress Sonal Chauhan as the showstopper.
“I was last here when Naomi Campbell was here for ‘My Mumbai’, a charity show by LFW. After that I have come and seen the shows here, but didn’t participate. However, I kept sharing my interest with LFW throughout.
“I love my relationship with IMG (Organisers) and I think they are the agency meant to run a fashion show. I am really glad to work with such a professional organization again. For me Lakme is very important it represents Mumbai, it represents fashion,” Rina told IANS.
Throwing some light on her collection, the designer said: “The collection which was shown was kind of easy to wear, ready to wear collection. It has lots of embroideries using dull metallic silver on chiffons. I tried to bring back a fabric of the 1990s called metallic tissue and used some modern techniques to keep the line light, shining, embroidered having gota and all the relevant factor of today’s Indian fashion and yet modern.”
The collection offered garments like mermaid and spiral skirts, saris, kaftans, kurtas, corsets in tissue, tulle, chiffon, and organza. The colour palette consisted of silver, lavender, lilac, plum, peach, pink, gold, copper and grey.
Sonal, who sashayed down the ramp in a silver, self embroidered off shoulder corset and a sheer lehenga, shared her experience: “: I am a great admirer of Rina’s wear and today I got to walk for her. I feel beautiful and the clothes I am wearing are so amazing.”
- All about metal: Siddartha Tytler makes rocking LFW debut - Mar 14, 2011
- From no show to showstopper: Perizaad Zorabian at LFW - Mar 15, 2011
- 'Paparazzi' with Umrao Jaan, Lady Gaga at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 17, 2011
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- Designer mixes Persian prints with punk look - Aug 20, 2011
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Royal silhouettes inspire designer's cocktail collection (With Images) - Mar 10, 2011
- Prachi shines at Neeta Lulla's show - Aug 20, 2011
- Shivan & Naresh, Swapnil Shinde use lasers in LFW show - Aug 07, 2012
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- Designer Gaurang Shah teams with 250 weavers to revive handlooms (With Image) - Jun 24, 2012
- Designers recreate yesteryear, spiritual charm on ramp - Aug 04, 2012
- Nachiket Barve brings the 'Golden Hour' to LFW ramp - Aug 19, 2011
- A debut after 40 years and book in making, Pallavi Jaikishan on a roll - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: admirer, celebrated designer, chiffon, chiffons, colour palette, corset, corsets, embroideries, fashion show, gota, indian fashion, lakme fashion week, lehenga, metallic silver, naomi campbell, pink gold, professional organization, relevant factor, showstopper, tulle