RIM offers over 50 percent discount on PlayBook tabletsDecember 28th, 2011 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 28 (IANS) Canadian BlackBerry maker Research in Motion (RIM), battling tough competition from Apple’s iPad, is offering over 50 percent discount on its PlayBook tablets under a limited festive season offer till Dec 31.
A company spokesperson Wednesday said the 16 GB model of the PlayBook can be bought for Rs.13,490 in the Indian market instead of its regular price of Rs.27,990.
While the 32 GB model is available for Rs.15,990, the 64 GB model is being offered for Rs.24,490 against their regular prices of Rs.32,990 and Rs.37,990 respectively.
The smartphone maker has been struggling to gain significant market share since April when it launched the tablets. It has been able to sell 800,000 units of the device globally in the first nine months of financial year 2011-12.
In comparison, Apple has sold over 11 million iPads globally during the quarter ended September.
- RIM launches its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet in India - Jun 22, 2011
- Apple blamed for delayed launch of BlackBerry tablet - Apr 08, 2011
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
- Apple's new iPad launched in India - Apr 27, 2012
- Apple iPad 2 hits Indian market - Apr 29, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet called 'half baked' product - Apr 15, 2011
- No frenzy crowds to buy BlackBerry tablet on launch - Apr 19, 2011
- PlayBook for those who want to work and play - Apr 18, 2011
- BlackBerry sells 250,000 PlayBook tablets - May 20, 2011
- Apple iPad available for Rs.27,900 in India - Jan 28, 2011
- BlackBerry stock slips as tablet gets lukewarm response - Apr 20, 2011
- RIM launches upgraded PlayBook operating system in India - Feb 24, 2012
- Apple's new iPad today to kick off tablet war - Mar 02, 2011
- Not stopping PlayBook tablet, says BlackBerry - Jul 19, 2011
- BlackBerry partners Sprint as tablet market soars - Jan 07, 2011