RIL-RNRL case adjourned till Aug 21August 12th, 2008 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 12 (IANS) The Bombay High Court Tuesday once again postponed the hearing of a dispute between Reliance Industries (RIL) and Reliance Natural Resources Ltd (RNRL) till Aug 21. The dispute is about which firm has the rights over gas supplies and at what price on the basis of a pact between the two.
An earlier interim order, in which the court had restrained RIL from selling the gas or from entering into any contract with a third party, has lapsed. RIL was subsequently planning to start production.
The court had also restrained RIL from entering into contracts to sell the gas from the basin - known as KG-D6 - with companies other than RNRL and the state-run National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
It had also asked the two sides to settle the dispute within four months, but they failed to reach an agreement within the stipulated time.
RNRL has claimed at least half of the 80 million standard cubic metres of gas per day that is envisaged from the fields off the Andhra Pradesh coast, said to be the country’s biggest source of hydrocarbons today.
- Anil Ambani firm wins legal tussle over gas supply (Lead) - Jun 15, 2009
- Anil Ambani firm wants gas on same terms as NTPC - Oct 15, 2008
- Government files fresh affidavit in gas dispute between Ambani brothers - Nov 14, 2008
- Court questions government intervention in Ambanis' case - Oct 16, 2008
- Krishna-Godavari gas basin case adjourned till Oct 6 - Sep 30, 2008
- Bombay High Court resumes KG-Basin gas row hearing - Oct 06, 2008
- Reliance gas dispute case to be heard daily - Jul 23, 2008
- Hearing on dispute over Reliance gas adjourned till Wednesday - Jul 22, 2008
- Anil Ambani group offers to submit gas sharing pact copy - Oct 07, 2008
- Anil Ambani group produces pact copy in court - Oct 08, 2008
- Court seeks Reliance demerger pact to settle gas dispute - Sep 02, 2008
- Timeline of Reliance Krishna-Godavari gas dispute - May 07, 2010
- Chronology of the Krishna-Godavari gas dispute - Oct 19, 2009
- Court orders status quo on Ambani dispute over gas - May 06, 2008
- RNRL seeks bankable agreement on Krishna-Godavari gas - Dec 15, 2009