RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percentApril 20th, 2012 - 7:49 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 20 (IANS) Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) Friday reported a decline of 21.20 percent in its net profit, which stood at Rs.4,236 crore in the fourth quarter of 2011-12 compared to Rs.5,376 crore in the corresponding period of 2010-11.
The company’s total income rose by 18.86 percent to Rs.87,477 crore in January-March quarter as compared to Rs.73,591 crore in the corresponding quarter 2010-11.
Net sales stood at Rs.85,182 crore, an increase of 17.21 percent from Rs.72,674 crore in the quarter ended March 31, 2011.
The results came after the markets closed. The share price of RIL stock was down 1.39 percent or 10.30 points at Rs.731.45 at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Friday.
For fiscal 2011-12, the company reported a decline of 1.21 percent in its net profit which stood at Rs.20,040 crore, compared to Rs.20,286 crore in the corresponding period of 2010-11.
The company’s total income rose by 33.78 percent to Rs.336,096 crore for the fiscal 2011-12 as compared to Rs.251,222 crore in 2010-12.
Net sales stood at Rs.329,904 crore an increase of 32.93 percent from Rs.248,170 crore in 2010-11.
RIL added that its directors have recommended a dividend of Rs. 8.50 per fully paid-up equity share of Rs.10 each.
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines third quarter loss at Rs.444 crore - Feb 16, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's Q4 net profit down three percent - Apr 28, 2012
- HDFC Bank Q4 profit up 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Hero Honda net profit jumps 13.4 percent - Jul 21, 2011
- Reliance Capital nets 329 crore profit in Jan-March quarter - May 19, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's Q3 net profit zooms 19 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- Reliance Industries net profit up 14 percent - Apr 21, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp's fourth quarter net up 20 percent - May 02, 2012
- Mahindra and Mahindra's Q4 net up 44.17 percent - May 30, 2012
- CESC's consolidated net profit down 11 percent - Jun 13, 2012
- DLF's Q1 net profit down 55 percent - Aug 02, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's fourth quarter net profit down 45 percent - May 17, 2012
- NTPC's first quarter net profit up 12.69 percent - Jul 25, 2011
- Sensex down 1.05 percent at 17,192.02 points (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
Tags: bombay stock exchange, bse, crore, decline, dividend, equity share, net profit, net sales, quarter ended march, reliance industries, reliance industries ltd, reliance industries ltd ril, rs 8, share price