Rifles stolen as cops prayMay 4th, 2012 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 4 (IANS) Unidentified people looted two Self-Loading Rifles (SLRs) from a police picket in Jammu and Kashmir when the policemen were away offering Friday prayers.
Police said the miscreants decamped with the weapons in Padguchi village in Shopian, 64 km from here.
Police guards are deployed in remote villages to protect Kashmiri Pandit families still living in the Kashmir Valley though thousands of them have quit for good to escape separatist violence.
- Guerrillas loot weapons from Kashmir security picket - May 25, 2012
- Masked robbers loot over Rs.5 lakh in Kashmir - Aug 17, 2011
- Two guerrillas killed in gunfight in Kashmir - Mar 12, 2011
- Guerrillas attack police post in Kashmir, flee with arms - Feb 17, 2010
- Separatist shutdown hits life in Kashmir Valley (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Curfew in parts of Srinagar following Mirwaiz assault - Nov 26, 2010
- Geelani to lead funeral prayers for Osama in Kashmir - May 06, 2011
- Kashmiri Pandit woman wins panchayat poll, wants migrants to return - May 10, 2011
- Four attacks injure four in Kashmir - Oct 25, 2011
- Separatist shutdown mars life in Kashmir - Jul 28, 2012
- Stray incident apart, Eid prayers offered peacefully in Kashmir - Aug 20, 2012
- Five injured in Kashmir firing, interlocutors visit Shopian (Roundup) - Oct 26, 2010
- Another migration from Kashmir Valley - of Muslims this time - Sep 23, 2010
- Hindu-Muslim amity at Kashmir shrine - Jun 09, 2011
- Security beefed up in Srinagar - Aug 13, 2012