Ricky Martin to host Obama fund raiserApril 27th, 2012 - 2:38 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, April 27 (IANS) Gay singer Ricky Martin will host a fund raising event for US President Barack Obama to thank him for supporting the rights of homosexuals.
The singer will team up with the Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Leadership Council and the Futuro Fund for the event that will take place in May.
“I am proud to support our president. I believe Barack Obama has shown a deep conviction to help those most in need, even if their voices are not always the ones heard the loudest in Washington,” contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.
Martin wants Obama to win a second term at the upcoming election, believing he will continue to show support for the LGBT community.
“He has also been an exceptionally strong advocate for the Latino and LGBT communities. With his actions, I believe the president has put the United States back on the right path and has earned the opportunity to finish the critical work that he has started,” martin said.
- St. Petersburg gays to rally despite ban - Jul 07, 2012
- Russian city to slap fine for promoting homosexuality - Feb 03, 2012
- Obama's comment on Michelle taken as oral sex joke - Jun 08, 2012
- Leopard on 'Ek Thi Daayan' sets (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- Ricky Martin doesn't feel lonely anymore - Jul 05, 2011
- Russian gays challenge bill in court - Apr 03, 2012
- Campaigning for gay rights with Hillary Clinton - Jul 02, 2011
- Russian gay rights activists arrested under new law - Apr 07, 2012
- Ricky Martin to marry boyfriend Jan 28 - Jan 03, 2012
- Madonna should be denied Russian visa: Theologian - Apr 06, 2012
- Gaga roots for gay rights - Jun 13, 2011
- Gaga ends deal with Target - Mar 10, 2011
- Delhi's gays set for celebrate July 2 - Jun 17, 2011
- Need for inclusion, acceptance of gay community: Activists - Dec 23, 2011
- Kristin Chenoweth & Ricky Martin to be honored with GLAAD awards - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: advocate, barack obama, contactmusic, conviction, critical work, fund raiser, gay singer, leadership council, lgbt communities, lgbt community, ricky, ricky martin, rights of homosexuals, second term, united states, upcoming election, voices