Rice to lead US delegation at Olympics closing ceremonyJuly 24th, 2008 - 1:45 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, July 24 (Xinhua) Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will lead the official US delegation to the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics. The seven-member delegation will include US envoy to China Clark Randt, US Olympic committee chief Peter Ueberroth, former US Olympic figure skater Karen Hughes and top officials, White House spokesperson Dana Perino said Wednesday.
The State Department announced July 10 that Rice would attend the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympic games Aug 24 and is also likely to watch some events before that.
The White House confirmed earlier this month that President George W. Bush would attend the opening ceremony.
- Michelle Obama to lead US delegation to London Olympics - Mar 14, 2012
- Rice not to attend Olympics closing ceremony - Aug 20, 2008
- Olympics: Greece leads players' parade in opening ceremony - Jul 28, 2012
- Eight Iraqi athletes to go to London - Jul 15, 2012
- Rice to attend Beijing Olympics closing ceremony - Jul 11, 2008
- Clinton to attend late Ghanaian president's funeral - Aug 10, 2012
- Former Skater Tonya Harding Marries Once Again - Jul 04, 2010
- Putin to host Russian Olympic team in Kremlin - Jul 21, 2012
- Condoleezza Rice thought George Bush was poisoned - Nov 01, 2011
- London Olympics to surpass Beijing 2008: British minister - Jul 22, 2012
- Proud of US Olympic team's hard work: Obama - Aug 05, 2012
- China plays down expectations for dominance at Olympics - Jul 26, 2012
- London Olympics likely to be under budget - Feb 29, 2012
- Olympics: Indian contingent greeted with huge cheers - Jul 28, 2012
- China-made fireworks to light up London Olympics - Jul 27, 2012