Rice not to attend Olympics closing ceremonyAugust 20th, 2008 - 5:04 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Aug 20 (DPA) US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has cancelled plans to attend the closing ceremonies of the Olympic Games in Beijing Sunday, the White House said.Rice’s plans changed because of her ongoing travelling to deal with the crisis in Georgia.
The US delegation will now be headed by Labour Secretary Elaine Chao, the White House said Tuesday.
Others attending will be Michael O Leavitt, the secretary of the health and human services department, Peter Ueberroth, president of the US olympic committee and figure skating champion Michelle Kwan.
- Rice to lead US delegation at Olympics closing ceremony - Jul 24, 2008
- Michelle Obama to lead US delegation to London Olympics - Mar 14, 2012
- Hollywood stars feature on the guest list of the Chinese state dinner - Jan 20, 2011
- Michelle Kwan Leaves Skating For Pursuing Higher Education - Aug 01, 2009
- Condoleezza Rice breaks into all-male US golf club - Aug 21, 2012
- Condoleezza Rice thought George Bush was poisoned - Nov 01, 2011
- Indian named to Romney's Asian American panel - Aug 11, 2012
- President Barack Obama Hosts Gala State Dinner For Chinese President Hu Jintao - Jan 20, 2011
- Alissa Czisny Wins Her Second US Figure Skating Championship - Jan 30, 2011
- Clinton to attend UNSC meet on Syria - Jan 31, 2012
- Clinton to attend late Ghanaian president's funeral - Aug 10, 2012
- Michelle Obama arrives in Britain - Jul 27, 2012
- Condoleezza Rice 'won't chirp' in private meeting with Obama in White House - Oct 15, 2010
- Indian-American businessman joins Georgia Senate race - Jun 18, 2012
- Georgia submits formal bid for 2020 Euro Championship - May 16, 2012