Rice mill manager shot dead in BiharAugust 4th, 2008 - 2:49 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 4 (IANS) A manager of a rice mill was shot dead and the owner seriously injured as they resisted a robbery attempt in Bihar, police officials said here Monday. Jitendra Singh, in his 20s, was shot dead early Monday when he resisted an attempt to loot cash from him at Sakri Bazar under Kudra police station near Kaimur district headquarter Bhabhua, about 150 km from here.
The owner of the mill was admitted to the hospital in Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
Hundreds of angry people blocked a national highway to protest the killing and demanded immediate arrest of the culprits.
- Nitish development claims non-existent: CPI-ML - Apr 29, 2012
- Man kills wife, commits suicide over extra-marital affair - Aug 11, 2012
- Five injured in police firing in Bihar - Feb 22, 2011
- Train passengers robbed in Bihar - Jul 06, 2012
- Farmers protest shortage of urea in Bihar - Sep 13, 2011
- Another train robbery in Bihar - Aug 09, 2010
- Student killed, 50 hurt as school bus falls into river (Lead) - Apr 19, 2010
- Another train robbery in Bihar - Aug 21, 2010
- Couple pushed out of train, husband dies, wife injured - Mar 20, 2010
- Train looted in Bihar - Jul 20, 2010
- Child killed, 50 injured as school bus falls into river - Apr 19, 2010
- Woman shot dead for marrying outside caste - Jul 18, 2009
- Goods train derails in Bihar; no casualties - Jul 13, 2012
- Ranvir Sena chief killed, curfew imposed on Bihar town (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Train passengers robbed, assaulted in Bihar - Aug 06, 2010