Reward for leads in Jama Masjid shootout hikedFebruary 17th, 2011 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 17 (IANS) The reward for anyone offering leads in the Sep 19, 2010 Jama Masjid shooting — in which two Taiwanese tourists were injured — has been increased to Rs.30 lakh, while there will be a reward of Rs.25 lakh for information about the blast that followed, Delhi Police announced Thursday. Police Commissioner B.K. Gupta announced enhancement of the reward from Rs.10 lakh to Rs.30 lakh for anyone who may give information to trace out or render any help to arrest the accused involved in the shooting. “The reward offer will be effective for one year,” he said.
A few days ahead of Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010, two motorcycle-borne assailants fired upon the tourist bus parked at gate number 3 of Jama Masjid while Taiwanese tourists were descending.
Two Taiwanese nationals sustained bullet injuries.
Later in the day, a parked Maruti car caught fire after a mild blast near the 17th century monument.
In October 2010, Delhi Police announced a reward of Rs.10 lakh for any information about the two assailants or those who helped them execute the attack.
- IM operative linked to Jama Masjid blast nabbed: Police - Feb 03, 2012
- Rs.10 lakh reward for details on Jama Masjid attack - Oct 07, 2010
- Jama Masjid's 'hero' rickshaw puller rewarded, again - Sep 22, 2010
- Rs.15 lakh reward for clues about IM mastermind - Dec 01, 2011
- Car catches fire near Jama Masjid attack site (Lead) - Sep 19, 2010
- Two Taiwanese shot at Jama Masjid, man detained (Roundup) - Sep 19, 2010
- Jama Masjid shooting: Advani speaks to Chidambaram - Sep 19, 2010
- Security beefed up in West Bengal after Delhi firing - Sep 19, 2010
- Day after shooting, Jama Masjid area bustles amid police presence (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Delhi CM Dikshit visits Jama Masjid shootout injured in LNJP Hopital - Sep 20, 2010
- Jama Masjid attackers surveyed area; Taiwanese stable - Sep 20, 2010
- Jama Masjid shooting: Red alert in Delhi - Sep 19, 2010
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Hunt on for Jama Masjid attackers; injured Taiwanese better (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Delhi Police get custody of two terror suspects - Jul 09, 2012
Tags: 17th century, assailants, commonwealth games 2010, delhi police, enhancement, few days, k gupta, lakh, maruti car, mild blast, motorcycle, nationals, New Delhi, number 3, police commissioner, tourist bus, tourists