Reward for information on abandoned borewells, pits in GurgaonJuly 2nd, 2012 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 2 (IANS) The here authorities Friday announced cash rewards and commendation certificates for people informing about any abandoned open borewell or pit in the district, an official said.
The information can be given on the phone number 100 of the police control room. The name of the informer will be kept confidential. A prize of Rs.500 and certificate would be given to the person giving such information, the official said.
The decision was taken Friday in the meeting of District Advisory Committee on Borewells.
In the meeting, Deputy Commissioner P.C. Meena directed the officers to get a survey done in their jurisdiction and ensure that no borewell was left open.
The responsibility of enforcement of Supreme Court guidelines and conducting rescue operations will be of the concerned department in its respective area, he said.
The DC said that if any abandoned or open borewell is found in an area, disciplinary action against the concerned officer will be taken.
- Notice to village head in Mahi's death in borewell - Jun 26, 2012
- Six people responsible for Mahi's death, says inquiry - Sep 21, 2012
- District magistrates should ensure borewells are capped: court - Feb 11, 2010
- Child rights panel seeks report on abandoned borewells - Jun 24, 2012
- After 86 long hours, Mahi is dead (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Mahi trapped in borewell not responding to calls (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Mahi is dead; end came on first or second day, doctors say (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Other incidents of toddlers being rescued - Jun 23, 2012
- GPRS deployed for Mahi's rescue operation - Jun 22, 2012
- Two held for digging illegal borewell in Gurgaon - Jun 28, 2012
- Court rejects bail to accused in Mahi death case - Jun 29, 2012
- Plan to enforce building curbs near Gurgaon defence depot - Sep 08, 2012
- Unfolding at Haryana hospital - saga of abandoned daughters - May 01, 2012
- District judge to decide jurisdiction issue in Dikshit case - Jul 06, 2012
- Infant falls into pit in Gurgaon, rescued (Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
Tags: authorities, cash rewards, certificates, commendation, deputy commissioner, disciplinary action, district advisory committee, jurisdiction, phone number, pits, rescue operations, rs 500, supreme court