Reward announced for capture of escaped convictJune 20th, 2011 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 20 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh Police Monday announced a reward of Rs.5,000 for the capture of murder convict Ashok Yadav who escaped from police custody while undergoing treatment at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi. The four policemen guarding him have been suspended.
“The Ghaziabad police chief has suspended all the four policemen and has recommended their dismissal. He has also announced Rs.5,000 reward for Ashok Yadav’s arrest,” Ghaziabad’s Superintendent of Police (Rural) Ashok Mishra said.
Head Constable Subhash Chandra and constables Chandra Bhan, Vijay Kumar and Manoj Kumar were arrested by the Delhi Police after an FIR was lodged.
Ghaziabad police said they also apprehend that a gang war may again break out in Ashok Yadav’s native village Kudiagarhi in the district where factions loyal to Ashok and his family rival, Satish Yadav, respectively have been targeting each other.
A one-time participant in the Asian Games, Ashok Yadav alias Ashok Pahalwan turned into a criminal when Satish Yadav’s supporters shot dead his two brothers - Krishna Pahalwan and Jai Prakash - over a minor issue in 1997.
Following the killings, five supporters of Satish Yadav were killed and Ashok Pahalwan was accused along with several others. In 2008, Satish Yadav and his friend were shot dead, and Ashok Yadav was again accused.
Meanwhile, he had been convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment for the killing of the five members of the Satish Yadav gang. He also faces about two dozen criminal cases of serious crimes registered under different police stations of Ghaziabad.
In March 2011, Ashok Yadav’s wife Ruby was shot dead by three unidentified assailants in her office here.
- Gang responsible for several murders busted - Jan 25, 2011
- 11 Uttarakhand cops surrender, sent to jail - Jun 05, 2012
- Gang kills constable at home - Mar 04, 2011
- Student killing: Four cops sent to judicial custody - Apr 28, 2011
- Man dies in police custody in Ghaziabad, two cops suspended - Jun 13, 2012
- Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- 15-day parole to police official in 1997 Connaught Place killing - Jun 15, 2011
- 13 Delhi cops discharged in staged shootout case - May 24, 2012
- Police gun down five 'robbers' in Chennai (Third Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- One cop held with drugs, four suspended in Ghaziabad - Feb 02, 2011
- Mystery shrouds couple's death in police custody - Jun 08, 2012
- UP cops accidentally kill youth - Sep 01, 2012
- Two constables arrested after prisoners escape - Nov 26, 2011
- Haryana ex-legislator surrenders after 3-week stand-off - May 27, 2011
- Policemen arrested for extortion - Nov 02, 2011
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, ashok, asian games, bhan, delhi police, gang war, head constable, india institute, life imprisonment, manoj kumar, murder convict, serious crimes, subhash chandra, time participant, unidentified assailants, uttar pradesh police, vijay kumar, wife ruby, yadav