Revenues of Indian software industry to top $60 billion: NasscomFebruary 4th, 2009 - 2:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 4 (IANS) The Indian software and services industry is expected to grow 16 percent this fiscal and log revenues of $60 billion despite the global slowdown, a top lobby for the industry said Wednesday.The National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom) said together with the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector, the revenues are expected to top $71.7 billion with a growth of 17 percent.
Of this, the export of software and services will account for $47 billion, growing by 16-17 percent. The association also said that the domestic BPO industry would log a growth of as much as 40 percent this fiscal.
“The current financial year has been challenging for economies across the globe. But the Indian IT-BPO industry has exhibited a balanced growth,” said Ganesh Natarajan, chairman of Nasscom and global chief executive of Zensar Technologies.
“We have seen Europe, Asia Pacific and rest of the world grow more than US, reaffirming geographical diversification as an encouraging trend for this industry,” Natarajan told reporters, while releasing the association’s report.
- Nasscom pegs revenues of Indian software industry at $60 bn (Lead) - Feb 04, 2009
- Indian IT exports to touch $50-billion despite meltdown - Feb 04, 2010
- IT industry lauds PM's move to review tax laws - Jul 30, 2012
- Nasscom meet focuses on IT-outsourcing sector - Feb 07, 2011
- Indian IT service industry to cross $100 bn revenue mark - Feb 08, 2012
- Buoyant Indian IT industry rebounds but remains cautious (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 30, 2010
- Indian BPO sector to grow by 15 percent this year: NASSCOM - Jun 09, 2010
- Indian IT industry to grow 16-18 percent, market cautious - Aug 23, 2011
- Indian IT industry can bounce to double-digit growth: Infosys (Interview) - Oct 12, 2009
- European crisis not to hit Indian IT: Nasscom - Sep 21, 2011
- India likely to quadruple industrial growth to 225 billion dollar by 2020: Som Mittal - Sep 01, 2010
- IT sector must overcome challenges: Economic Survey - Feb 25, 2011
- First Nasscom meet in Kerala - Sep 27, 2011
- TCS sees robust demand for IT outsourcing in new fiscal - Mar 07, 2011
- India's IT, outsourcing revenues seen at $63 bn this fiscal - Jul 29, 2009