Revamped health insurance scheme launchedJanuary 11th, 2012 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 11 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa Wednesday rolled out a revamped comprehensive health insurance scheme for the poor to benefit 1.34 crore families at an annual cost of Rs.750 crore.
Christened Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme, the chief minister inaugurated it by handing over a cheque of Rs.183.84 crore towards quarterly premium to United India Insurance Co Ltd.
Jayalalithaa also issued identity cards for seven beneficiaries and treatment approval letters to seven others.
According to an official statement, the new scheme would cover 1,016 treatment procedures including neo-natal treatments and 113 continuous treatment procedures and 23 diagnostic methods.
The insurance plan would cover expenses related to diagnostic tests.
As to the insurance coverage, each beneficiary family will be covered for Rs.100,000 a year for four years. For some treatment procedures the coverage will be for Rs.150,000.
Not less than 250 hospitals across the state will be recognised under the scheme to treat the patients. The recognised hospitals will have to hold regular health camps.
The new scheme replaces the Kalaignar Health Insurance Scheme launched by the erstwhile DMK government.
- Goa's universal mediclaim scheme by Sep 30: Minister - Sep 16, 2011
- Chola MS General targets Rs.1,400 crore premium in 2011-12 - Jun 02, 2011
- Insurers relieved as Tamil Nadu scraps health scheme - Jun 10, 2011
- Maharashtra launches health insurance scheme for poor - Aug 26, 2011
- After infant's death over Rs 200, Punjab makes neo-natal services free - Jul 27, 2012
- ICICI Lombard to insure 3.5 lakh homes in Goa - Jun 13, 2011
- Tamil Nadu government's decision to impact insurer - Jun 03, 2011
- Digital X-ray machines to overcome staff shortage in Tamil Nadu - Aug 08, 2010
- Bihar assembly committee to probe 'health scam' - Aug 09, 2012
- Army chief inaugurates ex-servicemen's polyclinic - Jun 15, 2010
- IndiaFirst Life forays into health insurance - Aug 03, 2011
- Bill Gates to meet Akhilesh - May 29, 2012
- Meghalaya to introduce health insurance scheme - Aug 02, 2011
- UAE's insurance company offers circumcision coverage - Mar 28, 2012
- Action against Punjab health officials for infant's death - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: approval letters, beneficiaries, beneficiary, cheque, chief minister, comprehensive health insurance, continuous treatment, diagnostic methods, diagnostic tests, erstwhile, health camps, health insurance, health insurance scheme, hospitals, india insurance, insurance, insurance co ltd, insurance coverage, insurance plan, j jayalalithaa