Returning to ‘Madagascar’ was quite a joy: Jada PinkettDecember 21st, 2008 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 21 (IANS) Actress Jada Pinkett Smith, who lent her voice for “Madagascar”, says she loves the animated series because she can watch it with her children.”It’s a very special movie as it’s the first movie of mine that my kids and I could actually watch together. I also enjoy being Gloria because it allows me to be very playful. So, returning to ‘Madagascar’ was quite a joy on many different levels,” Pinkett said in an email interview with IANS.
She has done the voice-over in “Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa” along with her eight-year-old daughter Willow and says recording was fun.
“I’ve done the voice-over for the character of Gloria, who is a Hippo, and my daughter Willow has done the voice-over of the baby Goria. The recording sessions proved to be a playground for fun,” Pinkett said.
Produced by DreamWorks Animation, “Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa” is the sequel to the 2005 motion picture “Madagascar”.
Along with Smith and her daughter, the film has the voices of Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, David Schwimmer and Alec Baldwin among others.
“Gloria, the animated hippo in the film, is a character who has no issues with her self-image. She is self-confident, sassy and sweet.”
The American actress, best known for her roles in “Matrix Reloaded” and “Matrix Revolutions”, feels that even though Gloria is an animated character, there is a lot that a woman can learn from her.
“Gloria has confidence and she loves who she is. The character will send a message to young girls that it’s about how you perceive yourself. That’s really important,” Jada said.
“I think it’s always important for women to see various images of themselves and understand that it’s all about what you project from the inside out,” she added.
- Will Smith's daughter in 'Madagascar 3'? - May 14, 2012
- 'Madagascar 3' tops US box office - Jun 11, 2012
- Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith celebrate their anniversary with a high-five - Jun 11, 2012
- 'Madagascar 3' - cramped but triple the fun (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 09, 2012
- Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair" Gets Attention - Sep 10, 2010
- Who Is Willow Smith's Role Model? - Nov 25, 2010
- Rihanna inspires Will Smith's daughter - Sep 09, 2010
- Willow Smiths' Debut Single Makes Waves! - Sep 09, 2010
- Jada Pinkett Smith Does Not Believe In Imposing Rules On Her Children - Dec 19, 2010
- Willow Smith listed as her dad Will's employee - Jan 01, 2011
- Music Video By Will Smith’s Daughter - Oct 25, 2010
- Will Smith's daughter set to make TV debut - Jul 08, 2009
- Willow Smith gets advice from Jay-Z, Beyonce - Dec 13, 2010
- Willow Smith Comes Up With A Trendy Album - Oct 26, 2010
- Willow Smith a born rebel: Jada Smith - Apr 09, 2011