Retired woman income tax officer killedSeptember 12th, 2012 - 10:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 12 (IANS) A 70-year-old retired Income Tax officer was found killed inside her residence here Wednesday, said police adding that robbery seems to be the reason behind the incident.
The incident was reported around 4.15 p.m. Wednesday from flat number D-11/67 in west Delhi’s Rohini Sector-8.
Gurjeet Kaur, who resided alone in her flat, was found killed.
“The victim’s neighbours informed police about the incident after they found her dead. Her hands and legs were tied with ropes while her mouth was shut with a tape,” said a police officer.
“As the whole house was found ransacked, it seems to be a case of robbery,” added the officer.
A case of murder has been registered and the hunt is on for the culprits.
- Photo of maid released in ex-Income Tax officer's murder - Sep 13, 2012
- Elderly woman found dead in her Delhi flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Senior citizen murdered inside her Delhi flat - Jan 10, 2012
- Two held for elderly woman's murder - Mar 23, 2011
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi - Sep 11, 2012
- Delhi woman strangled to death inside her room - May 25, 2012
- 65-year-old woman killed in Delhi home - Sep 06, 2012
- No clues in elderly Delhi woman's murder - Sep 02, 2012
- Elderly women's murder case solved, five arrested - Jul 26, 2012
- Two elderly women stabbed to death by robbers in Delhi - Jul 24, 2012
- Two murders in Delhi - Jul 11, 2012
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Garment manufacturer murdered in Delhi - May 28, 2011
- Elderly woman stabbed to death by robbers - Aug 14, 2012
- Two double murders leave Ludhiana shocked - Feb 03, 2012