Retired teacher battered to deathNovember 4th, 2008 - 4:23 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 4 (IANS) A retired government school teacher was battered to death in the Etah district of Uttar Pradesh, police said Tuesday.Sidhgopal Mishra was returning to his house in Rijaur village late Monday evening when about half a dozen men attacked him with sticks and rods at Etah, which is around 300 km from here.
“We have lodged a complaint against Mishra’s relative Vinod and five other unidentified youth. After initial investigation, a family dispute is suspected to be the reason behind the crime,” inspector Harikesh Rai of Rijaur police station told IANS on phone.
He said no arrest has been made so far.
- Home Guard burnt to death - Sep 09, 2011
- Two injured while celebrating Team India's victory - Mar 31, 2011
- Man kills woman, lynched by mob - Oct 27, 2011
- Man shoots woman colleague inside classroom, commits suicide - May 04, 2011
- Four killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Dec 05, 2011
- Teacher thrashes boy for leaving classroom - Aug 26, 2011
- Three brothers sentenced to life for murder - Mar 30, 2011
- Seven Jharkhand players injured in clash in train - Sep 16, 2011
- South Korean woman tourist robbed in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 19, 2011
- Villagers lynch suspected thief in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 17, 2010
- Man beaten up for protesting against daughter's harassment, dies - Feb 12, 2012
- Four policemen injured in mob attack - Apr 12, 2011
- Samajwadi Party leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 23, 2010
- One killed in college building collapse - Apr 04, 2011
- Three robbers lynched in UP village - Sep 06, 2012