Retired professor found dead in LucknowDecember 30th, 2010 - 6:08 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 30 (IANS) A retired professor has been found dead under mysterious circumstances inside his house here Thursday, police said.Tushar Chatterjee, about 70 years, was found dead inside his residence on the Sapru Marg in Hazratganj.
“Tushar had taught in several institutions outside the country. He retired as a professor from an educational institution in Saudi Arabia,” police inspector K.N.Mishra told reporters here.
“He was living alone in his flat. His wife who is a teacher and daughter, a doctor, live in Chhattisgarh,” he said.
According to police, the neighbours started enquiring about the foul smell emanating from his flat and came to know about the professor’s death when they visited his house.
“It appears that the retired professor died a few days ago. As of now we cannot confirm whether it’s a murder or a natural death. The body has been sent for the post-mortem examination,” said Mishra.
- Elderly parents, two sons found dead in Pune - Mar 24, 2011
- Delhi housewife found murdered, husband missing - Apr 23, 2012
- Yoga teacher kills Israeli woman in Bangalore - May 05, 2011
- Another Kolkata man dies near burnt laptop - Feb 05, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Engineer found dead under mysterious circumstances - Nov 19, 2010
- Businessman found strangled in Delhi - Aug 29, 2011
- BHU professor found dead in campus home - Jul 19, 2011
- Senior executive found dead in Gurgaon - Jun 05, 2011
- Two minors killed in road accidents - Mar 11, 2011
- Oxford don's death: Exact cause not known - Jan 14, 2012
- Decomposed body of woman found - Dec 10, 2011
- Student leader accused of professor's murder found dead - Nov 20, 2011
- Court rejects CBI probe plea in medical officer's death - Jun 24, 2011
- Afghan doctor found dead in Delhi - Jun 22, 2011
Tags: chatterjee, educational institution, few days, foul smell, institutions, marg, mishra, mortem examination, mysterious circumstances, natural death, neighbours, police inspector, post mortem, saudi arabia