Retired policeman, wife murdered in Uttar PradeshOctober 10th, 2008 - 2:59 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 10 (IANS) A retired policeman and his wife were murdered and their house burgled in Uttar Pradesh, the police said Friday.The incident took place in the Nehru Nagar locality of Etah town, 300 km from state capital Lucknow, late Thursday.
The couple were first beaten with sticks and rods and then shot, the police said.
“Retired constable Ram Naresh Dubey and his wife used to live alone in the house. Besides killing the couple, the attackers also looted jewellery, cash and other valuables from the house,” inspector Subhash Kumar of Jauthara police station told IANS.
“Family dispute is not ruled out and we hope to solve the case soon,” Kumar said.
- Students arrested for killing old couple - Nov 08, 2011
- Jeweller, son, guard killed in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 10, 2011
- Four of family bludgeoned to death in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 13, 2011
- Home Guard burnt to death - Sep 09, 2011
- Two lynched in Jharkhand - Sep 02, 2011
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh village - Jan 08, 2010
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- Delhi's burglars make hay while summer vacation shines - Jun 14, 2011
- Villagers lynch criminal - Nov 09, 2010
- Rs.50 lakh stolen from clerk's house, recovered - Dec 08, 2010
- Four dead as man poisons family, self (Lead) - Aug 21, 2010
- Octogenarian murdered in Delhi, house looted - May 04, 2011
- Woman kills five children, commits suicide - Oct 07, 2011
- Truck runs over cop in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Six of family consume poison, four dead - Aug 21, 2010