Retired IISc professor, wife and son murdered in BangaloreFebruary 16th, 2009 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Feb 16 (ANS) A retired professor of the Indian Institute of Science, his wife and son were found murdered at their residence in upscale Rabindranath Tagore Nagar here, the police said Monday.
P.L. Sachdev, 65, wife Rita, 60, and son Munna, 35, were found stangulated, a police spokesperson said.
The police went to check on them after receiving complaints from Sachdev’s relatives that the family has not been responding to telephone calls, the spokesperson said.
“Munna was said to be mentally challenged and we are searching for a young man whom the family had adopted,” he said.
In the past few months, elderly couples are becoming easy targets in this IT hub.
On Jan 10, a 79-year-old retired deputy accountant general Y.S. Rangan and his wife Vasantha were murdered in Jayanagar, another upscale area around six km from the heart of the city. The bodies were found with the throats slit.
Ten days later, former school teacher Sathyabhama, 84, her daughter Vijayalakshmi, 55, and daughter-in-law Jayashree, 45, were found beaten to death in their residence in Tilak Nagar, about a km from the residence of the Rangans.
- Elderly insecure in former pensioners' paradise - Jan 28, 2009
- Octogenarian murdered in Delhi, house looted - May 04, 2011
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata - Sep 09, 2012
- Two robbers kill woman and daughter, one held - Oct 13, 2011
- Retired banker found murdered in Kanpur - Apr 16, 2011
- Three of family murdered - Dec 01, 2011
- Four of a family found killed in Jharkhand - Sep 23, 2011
- Husband murders wife, daughters, kills self in Gurgaon - Apr 20, 2012
- Four of a family commit suicide in Secunderabad - Jan 28, 2012
- Elderly woman found killed in Delhi - May 04, 2012
- Retired teacher found murdered - Sep 29, 2011
- Property dealer shot dead in Ghaziabad - Dec 24, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Aug 08, 2012
- Three murdered in West Bengal - Jul 10, 2010