Restaurant owner in custody for attempted rape of touristDecember 22nd, 2011 - 11:22 pm ICT by IANS
Udaipur, Dec 22 (IANS) A restaurant owner in Rajasthan’s Udaipur city was sent to judicial custody by a court Thursday, a day after he was arrested on charges of attempting to rape a 34-year-old French tourist, officials said.
Police Wednesday arrested Pushpendra Singh, the owner of Massala restaurant in Gantaghar police station area of the town, some 400 km from Jaipur, on a complaint by a French woman.
Singh was produced in the court of chief judicial magistrate here Thursday and the court sent him to judicial custody, a police officer told IANS.
“The woman whose name is not being disclosed had registered a first information report (FIR) with police Tuesday evening saying that she was having a stroll in the market when Singh invited her into his restaurant,”
When she entered the hotel’s restaurant, Singh offered her soft drinks.
“She said that the drinks were laced with some drugs. Thinking that the drugs were having an impact on the woman, Singh tried to rape her in his cabin. However, she pushed him away and rushed outside,” said the officer.
The woman then reached her hotel where she was staying and later approached police to lodge a case.
“We took her statement. Prima-facie, her claims were found true,” the officer added.
- Yoga teacher arrested for misbehaving with Spanish tourist - Dec 23, 2011
- Alleged Kolkata rapist sent to police custody - Jun 09, 2012
- Spanish tourist alleges molestation in Rajasthan - Apr 18, 2011
- Policeman booked for rape in UP - Jul 23, 2012
- Youth arrested for raping minor - Mar 24, 2012
- Husband held for murder of Jaipal Reddy's niece (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- BPO rape: Three accused refuse identification parade - Dec 07, 2010
- Kolkata rape: Three sent to judicial custody - Mar 03, 2012
- Molested French tourist escapes - Jan 04, 2012
- Two arrested for Katwa rape - Mar 03, 2012
- Bhatta-Parsaul rape: Court orders FIR against 30 cops - Nov 18, 2011
- Pinki files theft complaint against live-in partner - Jul 15, 2012
- Man dupes NRI woman, court refuses him time to surrender - Sep 19, 2011
- Can't arrest man who 'duped' NRI woman, say police - Sep 17, 2011
- Tripura cop arrested for raping minor - Oct 29, 2010
Tags: attempted rape, drugs, fir, french tourist, french woman, information report, jaipur, judicial custody, judicial magistrate, police officer, police station, rajasthan, restaurant owner, soft drinks, tuesday evening, udaipur city