‘Reporter’ held for theftJanuary 28th, 2011 - 1:12 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 27 (IANS) A man, claiming to be a reporter for a news channel, was arrested for stealing a vehicle, police said Thursday. He also has two charges of murder against him.Amit, 26, claimed he worked for news channel ‘Khabar Aap Tak’.
“Amit, who was earlier arrested in two murder cases, was held from Dwarka Sector-12 Monday following a tip off,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ashok Chand.
During interrogation, Amit told police that he used to drive a taxi at Indira Gandhi International Airport. “He told us that he along with his associates had shot dead Mahender Singh in his house in Ritholi, Rohtak Dec 4, 2008. On Dec 31, 2008 in Sirhind, Punjab, they shot dead Padam Dalal, a taxi driver at IGI Airport,” said Chand.
In both the cases, the associates of Amit had previous enmity with the persons shot dead.
Amit was apprehended by Haryana Police Jan 5, 2009 and remained in jail in both the cases till he got bail in June 2010.
On his release from jail he along with his associates robbed a Toyota Corolla at Palam Vihar. His associates were apprehended and Amit was absconding till now.
“We have recovered a car from the accused which has a press sticker of ‘Khabar Aap Tak’. We also found an identity card of NGO Jiwan Sewa Ek Paryas from him,” added Chand.
- Actress Laila Khan killed with family, says stepfather - Jul 05, 2012
- Mystery continues over missing actress Laila Khan (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Honeymoon murder: Shrien Dewani to be extradited to South Africa - Aug 10, 2011
- Amit Jogi questions delay in CBI appeal (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Two arrested for murder - Feb 03, 2011
- Murder accused flees Haryana jail, nabbed in Delhi - May 09, 2012
- Delhi police nab serial criminal - Feb 23, 2011
- East Delhi property dealer arrested for murder - Dec 23, 2010
- Husband of village pradhan shot dead - Sep 23, 2011
- Slain RTI activist's father wants action against MP - Aug 01, 2011
- Man arrested for killing taxi driver - Jan 22, 2012
- Man shot dead in Pakistan court - Sep 10, 2012
- Amit Jogi questions 'delay' in CBI appeal (Second Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Four arrested for car thefts, carjackings - Jan 11, 2011
- CBI opposes Amit Jogi's acquittal in murder case - May 03, 2011