Report on Monika Devi’s dope test issue submittedSeptember 12th, 2008 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 12 (IANS) Retired chief election commissioner T.S. Krishnamurthy Friday submitted his findings into the dope test issue of weightlifter Monika Devi to Sports Minister M.S. Gill.Krishnamurthy was appointed by Gill on Aug 13 to look into all aspects of the issues related to dope testing and timing and release of the report which led to the withdrawal of Monika from the Indian contingent to Beijing Olympics after she returned positive.
Gill promised that action based on the report and recommendations would be taken at the earliest, an official statement said.
During the course of inquiry, Krishnamurthy met Monika, officials of the ministry, Sports Authority of India (SAI) as well as the Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWF).
Monika, who hails from Manipur, was the sole lifter from India to have qualified for the Beijing Olympics. She returned positive for anabolic salt in a test conducted on June 29. But the test report came on the day she was about to fly to Beijing.
- Sports Minister orders probe in Monika Devi incident - Aug 13, 2008
- Indian lifters sure of winning 'dope-free' medals at CWG (Weightlifting preview) - Oct 03, 2010
- Cleared of doping charges, Monika won''t be able to participate in Olympics - Aug 10, 2008
- CGOC bails out Weightlifting body with interest-free loan - Aug 26, 2010
- Monika cannot compete in Beijing:IOA - Aug 09, 2008
- After failing dope test, Indian weightlifter Monika withdrawn from Beijing contingent - Aug 06, 2008
- IOA sets up panel to look into weightlifters' doping cases - Oct 15, 2009
- IOA to conduct fresh elections for IWF - Nov 17, 2009
- Advani wants impartial probe into Monika's doping episode - Aug 13, 2008
- World weightlifting body to take strict action against India - Nov 21, 2009
- Weightlifting body hopes government will bail them out (Lead) - Aug 17, 2010
- 'Monika case reflects attitude of mainstream towards northeast' - Aug 07, 2008
- IOA demands judicial inquiry in doping scandal - Jul 01, 2011
- Protests in Manipur over Monika Devi's dope report (Lead) - Aug 07, 2008
- Doping mess: Punjab suspends drug controller - Jul 07, 2011