Replica of Shirdi Sai Baba temple in MumbaiDecember 14th, 2011 - 12:06 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 13 (IANS) A replica of the Sai Baba temple in Maharashtra’s Shirdi town will be recreated here as part of a four-day festival starting Dec 15, an organiser said Tuesday.
The replica of the temple will have a 24-feet-tall idol of Sai Baba, the biggest ever created so far in Mumbai, which will be put up at the sprawling Bandra-Kurla Complex grounds for the Shri Sai Satcharitra Mahaparayan festival.
The creative genius behind the effort is acclaimed Bollywood mega-sets designer Nitin C. Desai. It would offer prayer opportunity to those devotees of Sai Baba who cannot travel to Shirdi, nearly 300 km from here.
During the festival from Dec 15-18, the Shirdi temple set will showcase the life, times and spiritual journey of Sai Baba and his disciples with the help of mannequins, music and bhajans, before a daily seated crowd of over 15,000.
“The feeling of Shirdi begins at the main grand entrance to the venue and would feature Sai Baba’s favourite Neem tree, his Samadhi temple, his paduka and other highlights associated with the great saint,” Desai said, unveiling the set before reporters.
He admitted that recreating Shirdi temple in Mumbai was an uphill task, but it has been achieved successfully and now the people, especially children, would be able to better understand Sai Baba and his legend.
“I am grateful to the Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust, Shirdi, and the Om Saidham Mandir Trust for this wonderful opportunity to re-create a Shirdi in Mumbai,” Desai said.
- Saibaba Temple gets diamonds worth Rs.1.18 crore - Aug 01, 2012
- Shirdi trust moots action against 'duplicate' Sai temples - Nov 11, 2010
- Shirdi temple trust to honour Tendulkar - Apr 04, 2011
- Mumbai businessman offers silver throne for Shirdi Saibaba (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
- Travelator to make Shirdi Sai Baba temple visit hassle-free - Nov 09, 2011
- Court sacks 18 Saibaba temple trustees - Mar 13, 2012
- Animated film on Shirdi Sai Baba to spread love, brotherhood - Oct 17, 2011
- Sai Baba's ashram resumes celebrating festivals - May 17, 2011
- Shirdi temple gets new trustees (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Court stays new Shirdi temple board of trustees - Mar 30, 2012
- Court sacks 18 Saibaba temple trustees (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Shirdi's Sai Baba temple goes green with solar steam cooking system - Oct 20, 2010
- Shirdi temple: new trustees appointed (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 28, 2012
- Shirdi temple: new trustees appointed - Mar 28, 2012
- Shutdown in Shirdi, villagers go on hunger strike - Apr 20, 2011