Renuka Chowdhury discusses women’s empowerment in ChinaMarch 25th, 2008 - 9:31 pm ICT by admin
Beijing, March 25 (IANS) Renuka Chowdhury, union Minister for Women and Child Development, is on a weeklong visit to China, where she discussed various issues of women’s empowerment. Chowdhury, who is in China March 20-27, has visited Shanghai, Beijing and Xian at the invitation of the All China Women’s Federation, a press release by the Indian embassy here said.
She met Gu Xiulian, president of the federation, and discussed issues of common interest like those pertaining to women’s empowerment and ways of strengthening cooperation in the field of women and child development.
They also agreed to have sustained interaction to share and learn from mutual experiences, the statement said.
Chowdhury also visited programmes and projects run on women’s empowerment in the cities she went to.
- India, US to put women's issues in strategic dialogue - Mar 01, 2012
- Kobe, LeBron to tour China after Olympics - Aug 11, 2012
- Bangladesh seeks close ties with China - Jun 20, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani officials discuss women's issues - Feb 28, 2012
- Wen reiterates support to Pakistan's sovereignty - Aug 25, 2011
- Chinese defence minister to visit India - Aug 30, 2012
- Mother seeks mercy for son who stabbed her - Nov 01, 2011
- Benefits of schemes not reaching needy: minister - Mar 02, 2012
- British foreign secretary to visit China next week - Mar 10, 2010
- China pushes for enhanced cooperation with Russia - Oct 21, 2011
- Open minded on suggestions for presidential candidate: Congress - Apr 24, 2012
- China seeks closer ties with Germany - Feb 03, 2012
- Patil says enough space for India, China to fulfil development aspirations - May 28, 2010
- Indian Navy ships in China next week, to expand strategic trust - Jun 07, 2012
- China provokes India again, issues stapled visa to Arunachal sportsmen - Jan 12, 2011