Remove sanction, Iran tells WestApril 30th, 2012 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, April 30 (IANS) The veto-wielding powers of the UN Security Council should work for the removal of sanctions against Iran, an Iranian lawmaker said Monday.
The parties involved in the nuclear talks could take confidence-building steps by working to remove sanctions against Iran, said MP Gholam-Ali Haddad-Adel, also an advisor to Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Xinhua reported.
The last round of nuclear talks between Iran and the US, Britain, France, Russia, China and Germany concluded in Istanbul earlier this month, with both sides describing the talks as positive and agreeing to meet again in Baghdad May 23.
Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi said Sunday that Iran will take more steps in the upcoming nuclear talks in Baghdad to resolve Iran’s nuclear issue.
Salehi called the Istanbul talks “successful” and expressed hope that the meeting in Baghdad will be even more fruitful.
Haddad-Adel maintained that “It should not be expected that all issues will be resolved in Baghdad,” expressing hope that the Baghdad talks would continue in the same fashion as the last round of negotiations in Istanbul”.
- Iran ready to hold nuclear talks: Minister - Sep 09, 2012
- Iran wants n-talks in Istanbul - Mar 30, 2012
- Iran hopeful over Baghdad n-talks: Minister - Apr 30, 2012
- Ready to examine US evidence on alleged assassination plot: Iran - Oct 18, 2011
- Iran hopes for results from n-talks - Apr 04, 2012
- Obama's secret message: Iran can have civilian n-programme - Apr 07, 2012
- Iran ready for n-talks: Minister - Jan 18, 2012
- Iran not pursuing n-arms, says Khamenei - Feb 22, 2012
- Iran marks 33rd anniversary of Islamic Revolution - Feb 12, 2012
- Iran to respond 'strongly' to any 'destructive' US act - Oct 16, 2011
- Sanctions benefited Iran, says Khamenei - Feb 03, 2012
- Clinton says diplomacy with Iran not infinite - Apr 05, 2012
- Iran 'unimpressed' by new UN sanctions - May 20, 2010
- Amid Western pressure, India, Iran seek closer economic ties (Roundup) - May 31, 2012
- Six-party n-talks 'positive'; Iran refuses meeting with US (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012