Remove home secretary, police chief, poll panel tells MayawatiJanuary 7th, 2012 - 11:25 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 7 (IANS) The Election Commission Saturday asked the Uttar Pradesh government to remove the state’s home secretary and the police chief.
Making the announcement here, ruling Bahujan Samaj Party general secretary Satish Chandra Mishra said the poll panel had asked for the removal of Principal Secretary, Home, Kunwar Fateh Bahadur Singh and Director General of Police Brij Lal.
The move follows complaints by opposition parties that the two senior officials had a partisan approach favouring the Mayawati government.
- Poll panel orders covering Mayawati statues, shifts officials (Third Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Mayawati expels party legislator for attempt to rape - Jun 24, 2011
- Mayawati flays poll panel for draping statues (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Mayawati expels legislator for rape attempt (Lead) - Jun 25, 2011
- Maya's favoured officials dumped - Mar 29, 2012
- Mayawati woos Brahmin community - Nov 13, 2011
- Justice has been done, says Mayawati (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- BSP rally must not disrupt normal life, says court - Mar 13, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh mounts vigil ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Sep 19, 2010
- UP gets new police chief, 26 officers shifted - Mar 19, 2012
- Mayawati orders arrest of party leader - Jun 19, 2011
- BSP runs for cover as skeletons tumble out (News Analysis) - May 17, 2012
- BSP refutes Digvijay's charge of massacre of farmers - May 13, 2011
- Cop dubbed unstable after anti-Mayawati remarks, probe ordered - Nov 05, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh cop under house arrest, says opposition - Nov 09, 2011
Tags: bahadur singh, brij, director general, election commission, fateh, general secretary, home secretary, jan 7, lal, mishra, opposition parties, poll, principal secretary, satish chandra, senior officials, uttar pradesh government