Religious leader killed in Srinagar blast (Lead)April 8th, 2011 - 2:54 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, April 8 (IANS) Prominent religious leader Molvi Showkat Ahmad Shah of the Jamait-e-Ahlehadis was killed in a blast as he was entering a mosque in Jammu and Kashmir’s summer capital Srinagar Friday, police said.
Shah was entering the Ahlehadis mosque to offer Friday prayers in the Gaw Kadal area of the city adjacent to city centre Lal Chowk when the improvised explosive device (IED) went off, critically injuring the religious leader and another civilian, police said.
“He was taken to the SMHS hospital in Srinagar where doctors declared him brought dead,” a police officer told IANS here.
The other injured person is battling for life in the hospital.
- Religious leader killed in Srinagar blast, city shuts down (Second Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- Maulana opposed to stone throwing killed in Srinagar (Third Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- Kashmir cleric opposing stone throwing killed in blast (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2011
- Top Kashmiri separatist leaders refuse security offer (Lead) - Apr 10, 2011
- Kashmir Valley residents despondent, confused after cleric's assassination - Apr 09, 2011
- BJP leaders visit Kashmir's Hazratbal shrine - Apr 14, 2011
- Srinagar shuts to protest religious leader's killing - Apr 09, 2011
- Shutdown over alleged rape affects life in Kashmir - Jul 23, 2011
- Thousands join funeral of slain Kashmiri religious leader - Apr 08, 2011
- Three arrested for Maulana Showkat killing (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Omar visits family of slain cleric - Apr 09, 2011
- Top Lashkar militant, involved in cleric's murder, gunned down - Sep 13, 2011
- Activists protesting 1990 killings baton-charged (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Kashmir Jamiat-e-Ahlihadith movement has grown - a profile - Apr 08, 2011
- Police baton charge protesters in Srinagar - Jan 21, 2012