Reliance to open more supermarkets in KeralaSeptember 14th, 2008 - 7:31 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 14 (IANS) Reliance Industries Ltd, which operates 25 Reliance Fresh supermarkets in Kerala, is planning to open several more stores in the state, said a senior official. The official, who did not wish to be named, told IANS that the company would soon open specialty stores and Reliance Super stores. The first specialty store would be opened in Kochi later this month, he added.
“We are planning to open specialty stores in apparels, footwear, books, music and toys and Reliance Super stores,” the official said.
The Reliance Fresh shops sell vegetables and fast-moving consumer goods, while Reliance Super stores will have almost every item.
The opening of the first Reliance Super store at Palai near Kottayam, scheduled for last week, did not take place due to opposition by Left parties.
The official said Reliance would move court this week seeking legal protection to open the Palai store. “There have been problems, but we are confident that we will go ahead, and we have big plans,” he added.
- Reliance Trends plans more than 100 stores by fiscal-end - Jan 11, 2012
- Kerala Christians set for Easter - Apr 05, 2012
- Kerala schools reopen after two-month break - Jun 04, 2012
- True Religion Apparel To Launch Jeans Footwear In Spring 2011 - Jul 21, 2010
- Kerala to host agro meet in 2013 - Sep 18, 2012
- Shirts, jackets, sofa covers sell in name of F1 - Oct 26, 2011
- Bata to focus on women and kids segment - May 30, 2012
- Smart City Kochi on course: Official - Jan 23, 2012
- Brian Atwood And Jones Apparel Shake Hands - Sep 02, 2010
- Rains threaten New Year bash in Kerala - Dec 31, 2011
- Woodland forays into kids segment - Jun 09, 2012
- Kerala set for a gala Christmas - Dec 23, 2011
- Tharoor wants Air India Express base in Thiruvananthapuram - Oct 13, 2010
- Bata switching on to large format stores - Jan 11, 2012
- Rain, spiralling prices may mar Onam revelry - Sep 05, 2011