Reliance Power’s Samalkot plant ready for commissioningFebruary 7th, 2012 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
Samalkot (Andhra Pradesh), Feb 7 (IANS) Reliance Power, promoted by Anil Ambani, Tuesday said its 2,400 MW gas-based Samalkot power plant in Andhra Pradesh would start generating electricity by the end of March this year.
The ministry of power has recommended a gas allocation of 9.6 million metric standard cubic metre per day for the country’s largest gas-based plant.
“The 2400 megawatt Samalkot plant is a testimony to our strong project execution capabilities. We await the allocation of domestic natural gas from the government and look forward to providing environmentally friendly clean and green power to the Southern region,” J.P. Chalasani, chief executive officer, Reliance Power, said.
“We believe that we have created a world record for the fastest gas-based project execution in just 15 months from placement of the order on General Electric. The entire capacity is expected to be commissioned in combined cycle by the end of 2012,” he added.
Chalasani also said the project, strategically located near the prolific KG Natural Gas Basin, would reduce the power deficit in the Southern region.
The Samalkot project is being constructed in collaboration with world-class vendors such as General Electric (USA), Hamon (Belgium), Hyundai (South Korea) and Xian Electric (China).
- Reliance Power total income rises 124 percent in 2011-12 - May 27, 2011
- Reliance Power's second quarter operating revenue up 189 percent - Nov 08, 2011
- Reliance Power signs $750 mn deal with General Electric - Nov 06, 2010
- Gas allocation not possible for power projects, says minister - Aug 13, 2012
- Reliance Power quarterly net profit rises 42 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Power crisis will ease, Andhra CM assures industry - Jul 19, 2012
- Reliance Power starts production at Sasan mines - Sep 03, 2012
- Reliance Power total income doubles in third quarter - Feb 14, 2011
- GVK Energy to set up two thermal power plants in Andhra - Jan 13, 2012
- Reliance Power places $10-bn equipment order for 32,000 MW - Oct 28, 2010
- Ambani seeks higher power tariff to ensure industry's health - Sep 04, 2012
- Reliance Power synchronises unit at Butibori thermal plant - Jun 26, 2012
- First unit of ONGC's Tripura project to generate power in September - Jul 09, 2012
- India seeks $2.5 bn World Bank aid for power projects - Jun 20, 2011
- Reliance Power concludes India's largest fundraiser - Sep 28, 2010