Reliance mobile launches GSM services in PunjabJanuary 5th, 2009 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 5 (IANS) Reliance Communications Monday announced the launch of its GSM mobile services in Punjab, becoming the first telecom operator in the circle to have both GSM and CDMA services for mobile users.”The service will cover 460 towns, 11,741 villages and a number of national, state and other highways, tourist and religious places throughout the state,” Reliance regional hub head Arvind Kumar told reporters at the launch.
The Punjab circle GSM market is dominated by telecom majors Airtel and Idea (till recently Spice) and the entry of Reliance is likely to make the competition even more keen.
Offering a Reliance GSM prepaid SIM card for a one-time charge of just Rs.25, Reliance officials said the inaugural offer to subscribers would provide 100 percent savings to the sub-Rs.300 users.
“The difference we are offering over earlier service providers is the superior quality of service which customers will acknowledge through the customer experience programme,” Kumar said.
The plan offers talk time worth Rs.900 on local calls and SMS to any network. Each subscriber will be given free talk time worth Rs.10 everyday for 90 days, Kumar said.
Reliance claimed that it had set up adequate number of towers across Punjab to provide high quality, congestion-free and zero call drop GSM services.
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Reliance launches SMS based mobile conferencing (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- R-Com launches GSM services in Rajasthan - Jan 06, 2009
- Reliance Communications launches new prepaid scheme in Delhi - Dec 14, 2011
- BSNL launches Bharat Berry push e-mail service - Nov 14, 2011
- Reliance Communications unveils first CDMA tablet - Mar 12, 2012
- Pre-paid Airtel customers to get detailed bills now - Feb 13, 2012
- Tata Indicom launches Blackberry Bold 9650 for CDMA users - Oct 29, 2010
- Reliance Communications launches free calling offer schemes - Nov 02, 2010
- RCom launches SMS-based e-mail service - Feb 03, 2010
- Airtel slashes 3G data tariff by 70 percent - May 17, 2012
- Tata Docomo launches 3G tariff packages - Nov 09, 2010
- Reliance triples data download limit for 3G subscribers in festival offer - Sep 09, 2011
- Customers to pay Rs.1 more on every mobile recharge above Rs.20 - Apr 19, 2012
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012