Reliance Comm posts Rs.157 crore Q1 profitAugust 13th, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 13 (IANS) Reliance Communications, a part of the Anil Ambani-led Reliance Group, said Saturday its net profit declined to Rs.157 crore ($35 million) in the first quarter of 2011-12 as compared to Rs.250 crore during the same period last year.
The company’s total income declined to Rs.2,854 crore during the quarter under review as compared to Rs.3,186 crore in the corresponding quarter of last year.
The company’s earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) stand at Rs.1,602 crore ($358 million) in April-June quarter.
Reliance Communications’ EBITDA margin, the company’s operating profitability, was at 32.4 percent, amongst the highest in the industry with strong contribution from both wireless and global enterprise business unit (GEBU) businesses, the company said in a statement.
EBITDA from wireless business rose by 2.1 percent to Rs.1,173 crore in the quarter ended June 30 as compared to Rs.1,149 crore during the same quarter last year.
During the April-June quarter, the company redeemed foreign currency convertible bond of $500 million. The company is “fully geared up to repay the future debt maturities, including redemption of foreign currency convertible bond worth about $1 billion due in March 2012″, the statement said.
- Reliance Communications quarterly revenue rises at Rs.5,052 crore - Feb 10, 2012
- Fortis Healthcare posts consolidated global revenue at Rs.1,409 crore - Aug 14, 2012
- RComm sequential quarterly profit rises 60.5 percent - Nov 12, 2011
- Mallya gloats over Kingfisher getting best airline award - Sep 28, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's Q3 net profit zooms 19 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- R-COM revenues up, but profit down on forex adjustments - Aug 13, 2010
- Hindustan Unilever profits double to Rs.1,331 crore - Jul 23, 2012
- Reliance Infrastructure reports decline in Q1 profits - Aug 14, 2012
- Idea Cellular quarterly net profit rises 32 percent - Jul 23, 2012
- ITC quarterly net profit rises 20 percent - Jul 26, 2012
- Reliance Capital quarterly net profit rises to Rs.45 crore - Aug 11, 2012
- Reliance Cap Q2 total income rises 19 percent - Nov 11, 2011
- ACC profit rises 24.16 percent - Jul 26, 2012
- Reliance Infra's Q2 operating revenue up 44 percent - Nov 08, 2011
- Orchid Chemicals to invest Rs.200 crore this fiscal - Jul 29, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, anil ambani, business unit, convertible bond, depreciation, ebitda, enterprise business, first quarter, foreign currency, global enterprise, maturities, net profit, operating profitability, quarter ended june, redemption, reliance group, rs 1, rs 2, rs 250, wireless business