Reliance Big enters US mobile content marketAugust 22nd, 2008 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 22 (IANS) The Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG)-promoted Reliance Big Entertainment Friday announced the US launch of Jump Games, a publisher and developer of mobile video games.According to a statement issued by the entertainment company, Jump Games is “aggressively looking” to acquire mobile content licences and brands for distribution to mobile phones worldwide.
“We are keen on building a global enterprise that leverages the top entertainment content across the globe,” said Reliance Big Entertainment president Rajesh Sawhney.
“Our recent deals in the entertainment space convey our focus and commitment towards building global entertainment equity.”
Jump Games, which has set up its US headquarters in Chicago, expects partnerships and alliances with America’s biggest firms will be critical.
“The idea is to expand the mobile entertainment umbrella for Jump in the mobile space, via strong and sustained growth, both organic as well as inorganic,” said Sawhney.
For expansion in the US, Jump Games has appointed Amit Khanduja as its executive vice president in America. Khanduja has previously worked with several leading companies like Sun Microsystems, HP and Tira Wireless.
The company also has exclusive global licences to create and distribute games for some of the world’s leading brands such as Manchester United Football Club, Virgin Comics, and Honest Entertainment (Fido Dido).
- Reliance Broadcast Network to acquire Imagine Showbiz - Jan 12, 2011
- Reliance Big, Tom Hanks in new entertainment venture - Oct 01, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast Network Limited: Ready To Acquire Imagine Showbiz - Jan 13, 2011
- Reliance MediaWorks to provide digital video library - Oct 01, 2011
- Reliance Broadcast signs pact with European firm for TV channels - May 30, 2011
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Reliance Big in venture for acclaimed global scriptwriters (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- RCom sets up 3G innovation lab in Mumbai - Aug 30, 2010
- Deepika & Imran Patch Up Through Zen Mobile - Nov 29, 2010
- 2G verdict will have no impact on foreign investments: Moily - Feb 06, 2012
- MTS launches mobile broadband service in 20 towns - Feb 20, 2012
- Reliance Broadcast to sell all ADAG media services - Aug 30, 2010
- Digital media firm Trivone picks up two more portals - May 15, 2012
- HP to keep PC business - Oct 28, 2011
- BBC, Reliance Big in movie co-production deal - Nov 02, 2010