Relatives of missing chopper’s crew give up hopeAugust 17th, 2008 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Aug 17 (IANS) Relatives of four crew members of a private chopper, missing since Aug 3 en route to Raipur from Hyderabad, have given up hopes of finding them alive, police sources said Sunday. “The family members of the missing crew members Sunday returned from Bastar district where they had gone in batches soon after receiving news that the chopper had gone missing,” sources at the police headquarters here said.
The Bell-430 Ran Air chopper was scheduled to land at Jagdalpur in Bastar district for refuelling en route to Raipur after it took off from Hyderabad Aug 3.
The helicopter, which was hired by the Chhattisgarh government, did not land at Jagdalpur. It had four crew on board - pilot V.P. Singh, co-pilot R.S. Gaur, engineer Santosh and technician Ashwani.
Authorities in Dantewada district in southern Chhattisgarh have announced a reward of Rs.100,000 to anyone providing information about the helicopter but no clues have been found.
Now authorities firmly believe that the chopper crashed in a thick forested stretch of either Dantewada or Bijapur or in neighbouring Andhra Pradesh, which are known Maoist strongholds.
- Now Rs.200,000 reward for clues about missing chopper - Aug 24, 2008
- Maoists urged to trace missing chopper crew - Aug 23, 2008
- One month on, mystery of missing chopper unsolved - Sep 03, 2008
- Ahead of I-day, cops search for missing chopper - Aug 12, 2008
- No trace of chopper missing since Aug 3 - Aug 15, 2008
- Chhattisgarh on alert against Maoist strike - Aug 14, 2011
- Chhattisgarh-bound chopper with four aboard goes missing - Aug 04, 2008
- No trace yet of Chhattisgarh-bound missing chopper (Lead) - Aug 04, 2008
- Maoist strike cripples Chhattisgarh, 8 cops injured (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Iron-ore laden coaches derail in Chhattisgarh - May 21, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to give cheap grams in Maoist-hit districts - May 29, 2011
- Chopper traceless for seventh day in Chattisgarh - Aug 09, 2008
- Rains in Chhattisgarh cut off four districts - Aug 06, 2010
- Half of Chhattisgarh's diamond belt in Maoist strongholds - Aug 02, 2010
- Raipur airport cleared of crashed copter - Jan 16, 2012