Rekha, Kamal Haasan to be chief guests at IFFI 2008November 17th, 2008 - 3:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 17 (IANS) Veteran actors Rekha and Kamal Haasan will grace the opening and closing ceremonies respectively of the forthcoming International Film Festival of India (IFFI), starting Nov 22 in Panaji.“Rekha and Kamal Haasan will be the chief guest of the opening and closing ceremonies, respectively, at IFFI 2008, besides the presence of the governor of Goa, S.S Siddhu, Chief Minister Digamber Kamath and the minister of state for Information and Broadcasting Anand Sharma,” said S.M. Khan, additional director general and director of film festivals.
Bollywood actress Amrita Rao will host the inaugural ceremony.
Telugu actress Illina D.Cruz, who is of Goan origin, will be a special guest, stated a press release.
In the competition section at IFFI, 15 films from all over the world will be showcased. Film India Worldwide will be another attraction in the cinema of world section, which will showcase films made by Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) in collaboration with foreign filmmakers.
In addition, there will be 47 films including 26 feature films and 21 non-feature films in the Indian Panorama section.
Films of veterans like Dilip Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, B. Saroja Devi and Tapan Sinha will be presented in Lifetime Classics.
IFFI will also pay homage to late filmmakers G.P. Sippy and B.R. Chopra.
- IIFI 2011: Malayalam films dominate Indian panorama - Oct 18, 2011
- IFFI 2010 begins from Nov. 22 at Panaji - Nov 19, 2010
- Indian Panorama section at IFFI to screen 47 films - Aug 21, 2012
- 18 films to vie for Rs.9 million prize money at IFFI 2010 - Nov 20, 2010
- Curtains come down on 42nd IFFI (Review) - Dec 04, 2011
- National Film Awards and IFFI expert committees constituted - Dec 10, 2009
- World cinema unfolds as MAMI fest kicks off - Oct 22, 2010
- Regional cinema should get prime slots at IFFI: Kannada filmmaker - Nov 30, 2011
- Chinese film 'Wheat' to open Goa IFFI - Nov 21, 2009
- Tale of mother-son relationship adjudged best Manipuri film - Mar 08, 2012
- India's international film fest opens Monday (Curtain raiser) - Nov 21, 2010
- Bollywood's young blood to rock IIFA in Singapore (Curtain Raiser) - Jun 06, 2012
- Tisca Chopra to host 42nd IFFI opening ceremony - Nov 22, 2011
- Expert Committee calls for upgrading IFFI to International Standards - Aug 25, 2010
- Georgian cinema under spotlight at IFFI 2010 - Nov 18, 2010