Regulator serves Ramalinga Raju with summonsJanuary 9th, 2009 - 6:36 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 9 (IANS) Market watchdog Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) Friday served Satyam’s disgraced chief B. Ramalinga Raju with summons, asking him to appear for hearing in connection with a Rs.70-billion accounting fraud.A team of Sebi officials served the summons at Raju’s residence in the upmarket Jubilee Hills. Raju or his family members were not available.
Raju’s lawyer S. Bharat Kumar confirmed to IANS that summons were served and said he would represent Raju at the hearing.
“I am on my way to meet Sebi officials and I will represent my client if the hearing is to take place today (Friday),” he said.
Kumar, however, said Raju would appear before Sebi officials on Saturday. “Mr Ramalinga Raju is very much in Hyderabad but he has some health problems. He will appear for the hearing tomorrow,” he said.
- Satyam chief Raju will appear before SEBI Saturday, says lawyer (Lead) - Jan 09, 2009
- Regulator gives Raju 24 hours for Satyam probe hearing (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2009
- Regulator continues probe into Satyam fraud - Jan 09, 2009
- Market regulator may finally get to grill Satyam ex-chief - Jan 15, 2009
- Andhra Pradesh police begin probe into Satyam fraud - Jan 09, 2009
- Former Satyam chief Raju gets bail (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Satyam's Raju to face market regulator Saturday (Roundup) - Jan 09, 2009
- CID seeks three-day extension of Raju's custody (Lead) - Jan 21, 2009
- Court rejects SEBI plea to question Satyam's Rajus (Lead) - Jan 23, 2009
- Decision on regulator's plea to grill Raju Thursday - Jan 21, 2009
- Andhra High Court dismisses Raju's revision petition (Lead) - Jan 19, 2009
- Ramalinga Raju gets bail - Aug 18, 2010
- Former Satyam chief Raju gets bail (Second Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- After 10 months Ramalinga Raju appears before court - Aug 24, 2010
- Government moves to save Satyam, to appoint 10 new directors (Intro Roundup) - Jan 09, 2009