Registering servants with police bears fruitJuly 8th, 2011 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 8 (IANS) Two servants and an associate who sought to flee to Kashmir after robbing their employer’s house here were arrested — because Delhi Police had their records.
Sunil Kumar, 22, and Rakesh, 24, along with Keshar Basyal, 21, who worked in a hotel in south Delhi, were arrested from the Anand Vihar bus terminal Thursday, police said Friday. All three are from Nepal.
The trio robbed a household June 24 in South Extension when the employer was away. The booty included Rs.7.5 lakh and a mobile phone.
As the servants were registered with police, they reached Kumar’s parents in Pathankot in Punjab who said the three had moved to Sonauli near the Indo-Nepal border.
From there they took a bus to Kashmir. When it halted in Delhi, they were arrested. Police recovered cash worth Rs.6.76 lakh and the stolen phone.
- Five people arrested for robbery in Delhi - Jun 05, 2012
- Get servants verified: Delhi Police - May 12, 2011
- Three held for robbing businessman at gunpoint - Feb 22, 2011
- Delhi servant who stole crores arrested in Bihar - Apr 03, 2012
- Highway robbers arrested - Jul 24, 2010
- Four cricket betting syndicates busted, 11 arrested - Mar 25, 2011
- Gang of bus robbers busted, 11 arrested - Feb 11, 2011
- Three robbers held, goods worth Rs.50 lakh seized - Mar 07, 2011
- Man steals Rs.10 lakh from Delhi office, held - Aug 06, 2012
- One more arrested in jewellery heist - Mar 24, 2011
- Drugs turn three youths into murderers - Oct 13, 2011
- ETV reporter's murder case solved - Aug 10, 2011
- Two men rob Rs.57 lakh, shoot three people - Aug 12, 2012
- Four held, drugs worth Rs.1.39 crore seized - Oct 08, 2011
- Former maid, paramour arrested for robbing French national's house - Apr 22, 2012