Refused money for liquor, man kills wifeFebruary 17th, 2011 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 17 (IANS) A man stabbed his wife to death after she refused to give him money for liquor, and has been arrested Thursday, police said.Sudhir, hailing from Uttar Pradesh, murdered his wife Ruby Wednesday at their home in Madanpur Khadar in south Delhi. Police got a call from her 13-year-old sister Meenu and rushed to the spot, an official said.
“Ruby’s throat was slit with a sharp-edged weapon and she was lying in a pool of blood. Meenu and the victim’s two-year-old child were sitting next to the dead body,” a police official said.
According to Meenu, her brother-in-law worked as a night watchman in Jasola in south Delhi. He would daily consume alcohol after he returned from work in the morning. An irritated Ruby would have regular quarrels with her husband over the issue, said police.
“On Wednesday morning the couple again had a heated argument after Ruby refused to give money to him. A few minutes later, Meenu saw Sudhir rushing out of Ruby’s room with a bag in his hand. When she went inside to check upon her sister, she found her lying on the floor in a pool of blood,” a police official said.
Police have succeeded in recovering the blood-stained knife, used in the murder, the official said.
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Four murdered in Kolkata house - Sep 07, 2012
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012
- Honour killing: Man guns down sister in Islamabad - Jul 20, 2012
- Two held for raping woman - Mar 24, 2011
- Alcoholic man kills wife - Oct 29, 2011
- Woman arrested for killing mother-in-law - Aug 10, 2010
- 95-year-old woman gets life term for killing daughter-in-law - Oct 18, 2011
- Government doctor murdered, two detained - Feb 22, 2011
- Couple axed to death in Punjab - Jan 10, 2011
- Engineering girl student commits suicide - May 21, 2012
- Man kills NRI wife, burns body - Nov 12, 2011
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer, act premediated: Police (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Woman found murdered in Ghaziabad - Sep 14, 2012
- Teen kills aunt, two others to avenge grudge - Apr 23, 2012
Tags: alcohol, brother, delhi police, edged weapon, few minutes, liquor man, lying on the floor, meenu, money, New Delhi, night watchman, police official, pool of blood, quarrels, slit, south delhi, wednesday morning, wife ruby