Recover excess money drawn by corporation head: ombudsmanAugust 19th, 2008 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Aug 19 (IANS) The Madhya Pradesh government has been directed by the state ombudsman to recover excess money drawn by the chairman of a corporation on expenses like fuel, official sources said Tuesday. Lokayukta Ripusudan Dayal has issued notice to the state government directing it to recover the money overdrawn by MP Seed and Farm Development Corporation chairman Mahendra Singh Yadav.
A corporation employee, Karmveer Singh Chouhan, in a complaint to the Lokayukta a few days ago alleged that the chairman has drawn money for rent, petrol and other expenditure beyond permissible limits.
While expressing ignorance about any such notice, Yadav said that the charges levelled by Chouhan were baseless.
He said that a case was registered against the complainant by the police on the charge of stealing 106 quintal soyabean and he was later suspended for irregularities.
“Also, the complainant had furnished outdated circulars before the Lokayukta,” he said.
- Cash-in-bag scam: Ex-judge told to appear in trial court - Aug 19, 2011
- Minister withdraws plea against Lokayukta - Sep 10, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh top official in dock over dinner - Sep 13, 2011
- Lokayukta gets a complaint and 100 kg 'evidence' - Feb 14, 2012
- R.A. Mehta is Gujarat Lokayukta - Aug 26, 2011
- Indian diplomat dismisses slavery charges after housekeeper files suit - Jun 21, 2011
- Decision on Karnataka after Lokayukta report: BJP - Jul 25, 2011
- Need adequate, not supreme powers: Karnataka's new Lokayukta - Sep 15, 2011
- Tainted Karnataka BJP corporator in judicial custody - Oct 01, 2010
- Opposition seeks Chouhan's resignation, assembly adjourned - Nov 23, 2010
- Former BJP minister to be prosecuted in land scam - Jul 06, 2011
- Illegal mining issue: Janardhan Reddy ready to cooperate with Ombudsman - Jul 20, 2010
- From peons to clerks, raids unveil Madhya Pradesh's millionaires - Jan 20, 2012
- An eventful Wednesday for Karnataka - Aug 03, 2011
- Karnataka given two days to start ombudsman appointment process - Jul 23, 2012