Recount in Rajasthan seat where Congress leader lost by a voteDecember 8th, 2008 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Dec 8 (IANS) A recount was ordered in Nathdwara constituency where Rajasthan Congress president C.P. Joshi lost the election by a single vote. In the initial counting, Joshi polled 62,215 votes while BJP candidate Kalyan Singh got 62,216 votes.
“I accept the decision of voters,” Joshi told reporters.
“Though I have lost election, but the Congress is going to form government in the state. The leader would be elected democratically after which our central leadership would would announce our chief minister,” Joshi added.
However, the Congress workers were shocked by the defeat of their leader.
“It seems that he lost the elections as he devoted more time on campaigning all over the state and was not able to give time to his own constituency that’s why he lost it by a very small margin,” a Congress worker said.
Joshi had addressed various rallies with Sonia Gandhi in the state and was also the part of Rahul Gandhi’s public meetings in Rajasthan.
“This defeat shows how important every vote is,” the Congress worker added.
- Supreme Court notice to central minister on election - Jun 16, 2010
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi meets Sonia, offers to quit - Mar 09, 2012
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi offers to resign over UP results (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Modi loses RCA election; Joshi is new president - Dec 07, 2009
- Gehlot faces crisis, but may survive (Rajasthan Newsletter) - Apr 13, 2012
- Not one to get defeated, says Rahul; may dissolve UP unit (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Rahul in Amethi to 're-motivate' Congress workers - Apr 30, 2012
- Rajasthan minister told to quit for remarks on president - Feb 10, 2011
- Chandrabhan named Congress chief in Rajasthan - Jun 08, 2011
- Apex court suspends vote recount in Bellary Lok Sabha poll - Jun 26, 2012
- CP Joshi elected new RCA President - Dec 07, 2009
- Except Gehlot, Congress chief minister hopefuls lose in Rajasthan - Dec 08, 2008
- Each youth should cast vote: Navin Chawla - Aug 06, 2010
- Prepare for 2014 general elections, Rahul tells Congressmen - Apr 05, 2012
- Sonia set for successive fourth term as Congress president (Night Lead) - Sep 02, 2010