Realtor sells 262 housing units within 48 hours in ChennaiDecember 15th, 2008 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 15 (IANS) Despite slowdown in real estate sector, Alliance Group, a private real estate firm, sold 262 housing units within 48 hours of the launch of its premium housing colony in the northwest suburbs here, company officials said Monday.”We attracted a few thousand customers of whom 262 turned buyers, creating a sort of history. A combination of three factors - price, location and product’s quality - is the reason for this success,” the company’s chairman and managing director Manoj Namburu told IANS.
While it refused to divulge the banked inflow from down payment details, a spokesman said the amount collected from buyersit was in tens of millions of rupees.
The company admitted that the success was due to its hefty 45 percent discount to ‘early bird’ buyers.
Named ‘Orchid Springs’, the premier housing colony has 2,000 housing units, whose carpet areas range from a simple 500 square feet one-bed studio flat to 1,920 square feet penthouses whose prices were between Rs.1.7 million and Rs.5.75 million, a press statement said.
Located at a distance of 10 km from the city centre in its northwest suburbs, the colony has all modern amenities, including a gym, club, multiplex, swimming pool and a 100-room business hotel. It is within the easy reach of a railhead and top hospitals, the statement added.
Besides another major project in Chennai’s southern outskirts, the company is promoting projects in Bangalore, Hyderabad and other south Indian cities, according to its website.
- Tough year for realty, no respite seen in short-run (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 29, 2011
- Royal Orchid opens Re:gen:ta One in Hyderabad - Aug 22, 2012
- Gauri Khan to design couture penthouses in Pune - Apr 21, 2012
- Indo-Israeli JV launches Hyderabad housing project's second phase - Nov 10, 2011
- Rush Limbaugh selling his penthouse for $14 million - Mar 05, 2010
- Flat in Moscow costlier than New York's largest apartment - Apr 28, 2010
- Godrej Properties to raise Rs.500-600 crore to reduce debt - Feb 10, 2012
- Tatas to build Nano houses - Nov 04, 2009
- Kuwaiti developer launches housing project on UAE island - Apr 13, 2010
- Alliance to build residential, commercial projects in Chennai - Sep 09, 2010
- Orchid Chemicals sells penicillin, penem business to Hospira - Aug 29, 2012
- DiCaprio to lease out Malibu home - May 22, 2012
- Jennifer Aniston to buy two penthouse apartments in New York - Apr 27, 2011
- Shriram Properties to build 7,300 flats in four cities - Dec 02, 2009
- Marilyn Monroe's Home For Sale - Jul 14, 2010