Real-time traffic tips on China’s highwaysJuly 17th, 2012 - 7:32 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, July 17 (IANS) Motorists driving to from China’s busy commercial capital will get real-time driving tips on giant information screens on highways so that they can avoid traffic congestions ahead.
Authorities believe the new information screens on seven highways will help motorists avoid congestion, Shanghai Daily reported.
These screens display congestion levels nearby using three colours — red, yellow, and green with red indicating — serious gridlock, yellow meaning — congestion and green indicating — smooth traffic.
Some other information would include tips such as how long it would take to drive from one place to another place like from the city’s Jing’an district section of the Yan’an Elevated Road to the nearby Bund area.
It will also help in knowing how to avoid the gridlock by resorting to alternative routes would also be available. The facility will also appear on some suburban highways and expressways, according to the construction commission.
Seven highways, such as Wuzhong and Cao’an roads that connect with the S20 Expressway would be the first to get the signs.
- A traffic jam in China that is 100 km long! - Aug 24, 2010
- 26 held responsible for Shanghai inferno - Jun 25, 2011
- Eight dead in Shanghai building fire - Nov 15, 2010
- 16-year jail for official in Shanghai fire incident - Aug 02, 2011
- Nearly 400 officials probed for graft in Shanghai - Dec 31, 2011
- Boman visits 'Tarak Mehta...' sets (Movie Snippet) - Jun 03, 2012
- Delayed start, gloomy weather fail to dampen Royal Challengers fans (IPL Diary) - May 14, 2012
- Eight arrested in Shanghai high-rise building fire that killed 53 - Nov 16, 2010
- Skyscraper catches fire in Shanghai - Nov 15, 2010
- 42 killed in Shanghai high-rise blaze (Lead) - Nov 15, 2010
- Heavy fog disrupts life in Beijing - Dec 05, 2011
- Two minutes late, Chinese student not allowed to take exam - Jun 10, 2012
- Indian man robbed in China - Apr 26, 2011
- Shanghai district official sentenced to 16 years in prison over deadly high-rise fire - Aug 02, 2011
- Six-hour jam on Mumbai-Pune expressway after gas leak - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: authorities, bund, china, congestion, construction commission, expressways, gridlock, highways, information screens, july 17, motorists, real time, shanghai, signs, smooth traffic, three colours, time traffic, traffic tips, yan